The Student Room Group

Extra Curriculars for Medicine!! Help !

Hey guys, I'm hoping to apply for medicine this year *fingers crossed* however, I'm not sure if I have enough extra curriculars :frown:(( Let's just forget about grades for the moment lol

ECs:
Took part in Brilliant Club, basically I wrote an essay based on schizophrenia and it was marked at undergrad level and I got a first
Black belt in taekwondo, been a junior instructor for 4 years
Grade 5 in Acting and Grade 6 in Verse and Prose (LAMDA)
Work Experience with the British Army for a week and work experience placement in a hospital for a week
Raised money and volunteered for BHF
Part of a group in my school called 'elite science' lol they took us on trips and stuff and we had loads of lectures
Started a medical society in my school to get more people interested in science and med
Reply 1
with applying to medicine it's less important how many you do, but what you gain from them in terms of skills and what you learnt and how this will help you become a better doctor. It can be hard to get work experience in a healthcare setting, and tbh with the application deadline in less than a month you're unlikely to fit anymore in. They basically want to know that you're realistic about what a medical degree and being a doctor involves, and that you have the right attributes to succeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
You certainly have more than me, you have nothing to worry about!! Just make sure you comment in your personal statement what you learned/gained from these experiences in relation to improving your knowledge on what it's like to be a doctor and what qualities you have that would make you a good doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending