The Student Room Group

How to ask out a girl on the till

In my locale shopping center (the Orical) we have this really nice Burger Bar called Five Guys now there is this girl that works there first time i wen there she took a look at me smiled and then took a double take i thought nothing of it I was happy that she had noticed me but taught probably just a fleeting oh he looks good and then goes back to work now I was quite keen to go back to the bar as the food is really rather nice and i kinda wanted to see her again shore enough halfway through my meal her shift came up and she came in passed me to go to the staff room a little wave a quick smile she came out in her work gear passed me again another smile walked on stole another quick look and then went on to the till now I noticed that she kept on looking at me whenever she passed to get a drink or clear a table. s I left she wave and said goodby as passed now I may be being stupid but is she in to me if she is how do i go about asking her out do i just write down my number pass it to her and ask her to call me? I can't really say much to her because I only get to see her while she is working and the bar is quite busy
Reply 1
"What time do you get off? And another pun - you want to go out with a bang?"
Part of customer service ettiquete is to be friendly to customers and very smily to customers , however you may be in for a chance and theres only one way to find out !

I know you've mentioned the bar is rather busy but if there are any peaks and troughs in busy times these would be your oppurtunities . Ask her a few questions bout herself , try and inject the conversation with humour and then casually drop in , sooo when are you free ? / what are you doing after work / would you be up to go out some time etc . If she likes you then she will be happy if not she will probably reject you in the most polite way . Good luck ! Dont pass up the oppurtunity mate
Original post by New- Emperor
In my locale shopping center (the Orical) we have this really nice Burger Bar called Five Guys now there is this girl that works there first time i wen there she took a look at me smiled and then took a double take i thought nothing of it I was happy that she had noticed me but taught probably just a fleeting oh he looks good and then goes back to work now I was quite keen to go back to the bar as the food is really rather nice and i kinda wanted to see her again shore enough halfway through my meal her shift came up and she came in passed me to go to the staff room a little wave a quick smile she came out in her work gear passed me again another smile walked on stole another quick look and then went on to the till now I noticed that she kept on looking at me whenever she passed to get a drink or clear a table. s I left she wave and said goodby as passed now I may be being stupid but is she in to me if she is how do i go about asking her out do i just write down my number pass it to her and ask her to call me? I can't really say much to her because I only get to see her while she is working and the bar is quite busy

All you need to say is 'hi, I think you're really pretty and I would love to take you out for dinner to get to know you better, here's my number'

leave your number, walk away, ball's in her court

works 8/ 10 times
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mikelewis777

leave your number, walk away, balls in her court

Now I'm not usually one to bang on about the need for an apostrophe, but...
"Can I check out you as well?:sexface:"
Original post by chocolate buttons
"Can I check out you as well?:sexface:"

"Supersize this"
Reply 7
Pretty, friendly, girls in retail must be inundated with this type of interest so it is a tricky area. Seize the moment, keep it quirky, keep it short and good luck!
Reply 8
You get you order, she gives you your reciept.

You: "Excuse me, but there's something missing on this reciept:

Her: "huh?" or "what?" or any variant thereof

You: "your number"

Do it.
Reply 9
I am going to drop number of by her till on the way out today with me luck.
It's called 'The Oracle'. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was once in a restaurant and this girl 'dropped' her receipt on my table as she was leaving, and it had her number written on it. I had a girlfriend at the time so I ignored it. To this day I don't even know what she looked like. But anyway, maybe that's an idea worth trying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am going to drop number of by her till on the way out today with me luck.

Nice one cyril. Subscribed.
Original post by Pessimisterious
It's called 'The Oracle'. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes yes it is Do you live in roeading or are a Student in the UNI

Never mind roeading or the orikcal. Did you give her your number and has she yet gotten back to you?

Haha no I'm at uni in London now but I lived near Reading for the past year.

I know exactly which restaurant you mean.

If you like her, just write your number on a napkin and drop it near her. If she doesn't get in touch, then at least you tried!

Quick Reply

Latest