The Student Room Group

What's the deal with Cara Delevingne?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I had literally no idea who she was until I clicked on this thread, but she seems alright, I can't form a strong a opinion either way. :dontknow:
My friend went to school with her. She takes a LOT of drugs. But generally I think she is pretty, in a model way: good cheekbones, photogenic, long nice hair, skinny frame. Her personality is interesting too, she's quite tomboyish and seemingly doesn't care too much about what others think, which is pretty fresh!
Her face pulling is annoying as **** when I'm working :angry: ! But she's a good model - she can express art in all its forms, during fashion campaigns, really well. She's also great on the catwalk!
I think the vast majority of her fans are female, most guys I know don't really find her that attractive.
Reply 24
her eyebrows annoy me cos they are so much darker than her hair and she would look so much nicer ig they were thiner , i know is such a big part of her look but i saw a pic of her where they were thinner and she looked so much more beautiful , as she is now i dont find her that attractive and the face pulling does annoy me ,
if u buy a mag like elle shes on in the mag throughout on about 8 different ads and its annoying
Reply 25
She isn't the stereotypical flawless model, and that is her unique selling point in my opinion. Her looks have character to them, and she seems to not take herself too seriously which is very refreshing. Plus she was a DJ for a radiostation on GTA V :lol:
Reply 26
Original post by Swanbow
She isn't the stereotypical flawless model, and that is her unique selling point in my opinion. Her looks have character to them, and she seems to not take herself too seriously which is very refreshing. Plus she was a DJ for a radiostation on GTA V :lol:

BLASPHEMY. what station? gotta hop onto GTA immediately to find out now.. suddnely i wanna know :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by eXemp
BLASPHEMY. what station? gotta hop onto GTA immediately to find out now.. suddnely i wanna know :biggrin:

It is the Pop Radio station, when I found out I was so shocked haha :lol:
Original post by Robbie242
who the hell is she

Obviously not a reader of the Mail, Grazia, OK, Vogue, London Evening Standard, Guardian, supermarket magazines, etc, then are we. :rolleyes:
Original post by Swanbow

She's got a hint of 'ordinary posh girl' to her and then there's the whole French thing - I think she kind of reflects the zeitgeist of being a little bit alternative and boho, a little bit odd looking, she's beautiful but a touch zany. It's all an act of course, but quite a clever one.
Reply 30
Original post by Swanbow
It is the Pop Radio station, when I found out I was so shocked haha :lol:

i found it! So shocked and yet its hilarious :biggrin:
Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Kurt Cobain?
Reply 32
I agree that she's very ordinary looking. I think the fact is that models aren't necessarily beautiful. Models just have to stand out as being a bit different as well as being tall and slim. There's plenty of models who you look at and think they're pretty odd looking but that's just how the fashion industry rolls I guess!
She's got the whole indie 'Heroin chic' look going on which, in this day and age, is in. I think she's an attractive girl but I see where you're coming from.
I suppose times have just moved on from the days when the most popular supermodels would look more like this:
90s-supermodels-4.jpg
Original post by Dr. Robert
Cara-Delevingne.jpg

She is very beautiful. You can't honestly say she is a "typical looking girl", can you? If so, I wish I lived wherever you do! :wink:

really? I find her to look utterly repulsive and could name 10s of girls in my college better looking.
Reply 35
Original post by John Stuart Mill
really? I find her to look utterly repulsive and could name 10s of girls in my college better looking.

Models aren't meant to be good looking.
Reply 36
She's just a very cool girl, has fun and does not seem to take life too seriously. Reminds me of one of my old friends who is not with us anymore in this world unfortunately.
Original post by John Stuart Mill

Hmmm.... thinks... I feel sceptical. I know what you mean, because in some angles she has quite an 'ordinary' boho-ish kind of look, but she is decidedly beautiful at the right angles. It's rather a neat mix which makes her more appealing I think.

Pics from her recent Brazil jaunt. Hardly plain.

Reply 38
she reminds me of kurt cobain

not necessarily her style, but the face...

she is a bad model though. nothing interesting about her face, eyebrows are bad and she looks like every other instagram-using, iphone-touting it-girl around, but with a poser-grunge style
Reply 39
"Hey it's Cara and your listening to Non Stop Pop FM! Bringing you the music from the 80, 90s, naughties and today!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending