The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Cost of Sport at Loughborough? And Question About Powerbase

I found this price list for sports in 2012/2013 year, and was wondering what these prices were. Monthly membership? Semester membership?

Also does powerbase provide weightlifting training for amateurs?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Those prices are for a yearly membership- so nice and cheap!

Powerbase doesn't provide weightlifting training for amateurs as such, but all the instructors would be happy to help you out. I stopped going to Powerbase as it got too busy to train in, but it was about £200 for the year, with a slightly more expensive option of paying per semester. Included use of the Olympic pool and LUFS too.

Some great gyms in town though which are less crowded and better value for money in that respect, such as Dynamite gym: http://www.dynamite-gym.co.uk/

Original post by L. Serafy
I found this price list for sports in 3012/2013 year, and was wondering what these prices were. Monthly membership? Semester membership?

Also does powerbase provide weightlifting training for amateurs?
(edited 10 years ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
The whole year? No hidden costs or anything? If so that's beyond awesome, I'd choose Loughborough over other unis just for this!
I use the leisure centre - £187 for 11 months as a student. I'm pretty happy with the weights section they have there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending