The Student Room Group

Any tips on how to do well in your A-levels?

Maybe some revision tips or just anything in general? :smile:
Original post by arcticmonkeyz
Maybe some revision tips or just anything in general? :smile:

Make sure you revise enough time in advance for you to cover everything in detail, otherwise it can become very stressful!

Try and get your coursework completed on time as it makes things far easier and gives you time to make any corrections.

Perhaps go over your notes after every lesson or even at the end of every week, it'll take pressure off you when it comes to revise. Instead of practically learning from scratch, you'll just be covering it in a bit more depth and ensuring you know it :smile:

Find the best revision method. I'm sure you know how you remember things best, but it's surprising how many people don't!

Do plenty of past papers! For science subjects it helps so much, it gives you an idea of how they structure exam questions, and you'll often find they use similar questions for future papers :smile: Mark schemes also help, it'll help you be aware of what they expect.

For any essay subjects, make sure your technique and structure is right! You may know everything perfectly well, but if you structure it in an unclear and messy way, it'll affect your performance. Also practice doing timed essays as 2 hours may seem like a lot of time, but it goes so fast, I'm sure you're aware :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not a fan of note making but things that helped me were:

- Reading ahead
- Reading up on it after lesson again and consolidating concepts by watching videos
- Make sure you have covered everything all over again 6 weeks before the exam
- Do all the past papers
- Learn the typical mark scheme answers
- Identify problem areas and just revise them again

Quick Reply

Latest