The Student Room Group

Work Experience Dress Code?

Hey, I was just wondering what I should wear for my work experience next week. I am going to be with a consultant anaesthetist and I'm really looking forward to it, it's just I have no idea what I should wear!? :confused: It says on the letter-

"Uniform: Pupils must wear appropriate school uniform. A pair of sturdy shoes is also advisable. The Placement Supervisor will confirm appropriate clothing at induction. No jewellery, including ear-rings, should be worn and long hair must be tied back."

SO should I wear my uniform, I would feel very out of place? I am not sure? Has anyone else worn their uniform when on work experience? :confused:

I wouldn't wear a school uniform. Just wear smart trousers and a blouse (or whatever the female equivalent of a shirt is) with smart comfortable shoes. You will need to be bare below the elbows, so no watches/bracelets and roll your sleeves up.

But if you're in anaesthetics, chances are you will change into scrubs anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by raywilson96
Hey, I was just wondering what I should wear for my work experience next week. I am going to be with a consultant anaesthetist and I'm really looking forward to it, it's just I have no idea what I should wear!? :confused: It says on the letter-

"Uniform: Pupils must wear appropriate school uniform. A pair of sturdy shoes is also advisable. The Placement Supervisor will confirm appropriate clothing at induction. No jewellery, including ear-rings, should be worn and long hair must be tied back."

SO should I wear my uniform, I would feel very out of place? I am not sure? Has anyone else worn their uniform when on work experience? :confused:

If you'll be shadowing an anaesthetist, you'll probably have to change into scrubs when you start anyway. On the first day I'd wear something smart - doesn't have to be your school uniform, but smart trousers/skirt and a shirt will be fine. Wear sensible dark shoes. Once you've done that first day and worked out what's expected, you may not have to dress up so much, but it's a good idea to be smart intially at least.
nobody wears uniform whilst on w/e lol
Reply 4
Thanks guys, very useful advice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending