The Student Room Group

where to find IBAN number

Someone needs to transfer me money from abroad. I think they need my IBAN number, or possibly a BIC number. I'm with nationwide and Halifax but can't find the number for either. It says its on statements, but I don't have any statements with me and the online version doesn't have a IBAN/BIC number.
Reply 1
You need to give them a ring. They can give it to you straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nic-nac
Someone needs to transfer me money from abroad. I think they need my IBAN number, or possibly a BIC number. I'm with nationwide and Halifax but can't find the number for either. It says its on statements, but I don't have any statements with me and the online version doesn't have a IBAN/BIC number.

Probably best just to call customer services for each bank and ask them if you want to be certain. However, for Halifax I can help in more detail. The IBAN should be a code in the format
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx

The first block of digits identifies the country, the second block the bank, then the rest should be your sort code and account number. So, if your account was 12-34-56 01234567, with Halifax the IBAN should be GB42 HLFX 1234 5601 2345 67. See below for an example:

This site also promises to work out an IBAN for you, though it's not something that I've tried using myself: http://www.ibancalculator.com/
Reply 3
hmm, is it an iban number she needs. She gave me an example of someone elses and it was: GB26 (4 letters)(14 numbers) ???
Original post by Illusionary
Probably best just to call customer services for each bank and ask them if you want to be certain. However, for Halifax I can help in more detail. The IBAN should be a code in the format
The first block of digits identifies the country, the second block the bank, then the rest should be your sort code and account number. So, if your account was 12-34-56 01234567, with Halifax the IBAN should be GB42 HLFX 1234 5601 2345 67. See below for an example:

This site also promises to work out an IBAN for you, though it's not something that I've tried using myself: http://www.ibancalculator.com/
Original post by nic-nac
hmm, is it an iban number she needs. She gave me an example of someone elses and it was: GB26 (4 letters)(14 numbers) ???

That would fit with the format that I've explained in my post. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Illusionary
That would fit with the format that I've explained in my post. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

so it does ! Its just odd/ a coincidence that the 4 letters on the example one I was given, fit with the persons name, although it does fit with the name of a bank aswell !!
what do you do when you only need 8 numbers from your iban?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending