The Student Room Group

Sociology A2 online study group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by SCLY3boresmeso
It's a really bad choice for SCLY3. It's incredibly hard to revise for. I just have notes on each topic and right essay plans. My teacher had us writing 5 pages for 33 mark questions and I was only told yesterday that 3-4 was enough to get 33 based on content. My advice would be essay plan for each topic and you will notice links. Don't ignore the possible questions for 9 mark questions. They seem easy but can catch you out.

its really hard! struggling so much:frown: Haven't even finished my notes
It's a really bad choice for SCLY3. It's incredibly hard to revise for. I just have notes on each topic and right essay plans. My teacher had us writing 5 pages for 33 mark questions and I was only told yesterday that 3-4 was enough to get 33 based on content. My advice would be essay plan for each topic and you will notice links. Don't ignore the possible questions for 9 mark questions. They seem easy but can catch you out.

It really is a horrific choice. Not to mention we have an awful teacher... I have no idea even now how to write the 33 mark question, structure wise. Do you have a checklist of content? Ive got- modernisation and dependency, neo-liberalism, aid and trade, ngo's, war and conflict, globalisation, health, education and population. Is that everything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 202
Can someone help me evaluate the ideology and science topic please. Popper (open belief systems) Merton (CUDOS norms) Horton (closed belief systems) witchcraft among the Azande, Kuhn (science as a closed system) and Woolgar (little green men) any help is appreciated, thank you :smile: this is for beliefs in society by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds about right! I personally think Education or Gender will come up in June. 33 markers can vary. But the general structure would be: intro, part of the argument/counter argument in one paragraph ( it's called juxtaposition when you write two separate paragraphs and the examiners hate that ), then evaluate it, next half of debate, evaluate, overall Evaluation, conclusion. I would suggest something like this but it's your preference. If it's something as broad as globalisation then just do economic, political, cultural, neo liberal, radical, transformationalists :smile:
Sounds about right! I personally think Education or Gender will come up in June. 33 markers can vary. But the general structure would be: intro, part of the argument/counter argument in one paragraph ( it's called juxtaposition when you write two separate paragraphs and the examiners hate that ), then evaluate it, next half of debate, evaluate, overall Evaluation, conclusion. I would suggest something like this but it's your preference. If it's something as broad as globalisation then just do economic, political, cultural, neo liberal, radical, transformationalists :smile:

Thankyou so much! Are you sure about gender though as that came up last year? I think it'll either be ethnicity or class or new left/right for the 21 marks and possibly Functionalism, positivism or is sociology a science for the 33 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realism hasn't come up yet for a 21 mark. Sociology as a science has come up quite a lot, I wouldn't mind Symbolic interactionism or Modernity/Late Modernity for a 33 mark. :smile:
Realism hasn't come up yet for a 21 mark. Sociology as a science has come up quite a lot, I wouldn't mind Symbolic interactionism or Modernity/Late Modernity for a 33 mark. :smile:

Are we still talking about crime and deviance, I've never heard of Modernity or Late Modernity :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hisengsoc_galpal
Are we still talking about crime and deviance, I've never heard of Modernity or Late Modernity :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not crime and deviance, i dont know any modernity or late modernity lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
For a 33 mark question. Modernity/Late Modernity is quite nice because it's just comparing one society with another!
Original post by Bathospoint3
Its not crime and deviance, i dont know any modernity or late modernity lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

No me either!! It scared me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
For a 33 mark question. Modernity/Late Modernity is quite nice because it's just comparing one society with another!

Hmm well I've never actually heard of that so Im unsure. I reckon it could be positivism, Functionalism or the realisms that come up for the 33 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realism cannot come up as a 33 marker. You can include Realist terminology and brief theorists in Sociology as a science and Social policy, butbit won't be an entire 33 mark question on Realism.
Realism cannot come up as a 33 marker. You can include Realist terminology and brief theorists in Sociology as a science and Social policy, butbit won't be an entire 33 mark question on Realism.

Okay i'll keep that in mind! Do you think its worth going in-dept into feminism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think with feminism, as lonh as you know Liberal, Radical, Marxist and Difference then you are fine. You could get your evaluation marks from contrasting between the 4 and other theories.
Does anyone have a list of theorists/sociologists and their views for the global development unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody explain what the social action theory is really quickly!! STRESSING!!
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an idea about what might come up in the Social inequality paper on Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katherinemull
Can anybody explain what the social action theory is really quickly!! STRESSING!!
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that something that could come up as a 33 mark?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Just search item into ebays search bar if interested :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
We could do a kik or what's app group

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending