The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Entry requirements

Hi people, I was wondering about predicted grades. I emailed kings and asked what grades they would require for biochemistry considering I'm study a level 3 BTEC. They got back to me and said DDD=AAA , but my predicted grades are DDM so I am one grade short. Would the give me an offer if I applied or is it definitely a no?

I will appreciate replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Brentton
Hi people, I was wondering about predicted grades. I emailed kings and asked what grades they would require for biochemistry considering I'm study a level 3 BTEC. They got back to me and said DDD=AAA , but my predicted grades are DDM so I am one grade short. Would the give me an offer if I applied or is it definitely a no?

They would make you an offer unless it is a competitive course you are applying for. As your grades are predicted not achieved, why not just get your grade up to DDD?

Good luck
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
[QUOTE="KH94;44583066"]

They would make you an offer unless it is a competitive course you are applying for. As your grades are predicted not achieved, why not just get your grade up to DDD?

Good luck

Is biochemistry competitive?! And I will achieve DDD but I need an offer, so I was wondering if they would give me an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
[QUOTE="Brentton;44583712"]
Original post by KH94

Is biochemistry competitive?! And I will achieve DDD but I need an offer, so I was wondering if they would give me an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

​Yes, it is competitive at the top universities. I am pleased you will achieve DDD. Yes, as I said previously, they will make you an offer.
Reply 4
[QUOTE="KH94;44583815"]

​Yes, it is competitive at the top universities. I am pleased you will achieve DDD. Yes, as I said previously, they will make you an offer.

Even though my predicted is DDM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Brentton;44583822"]
Original post by KH94

Even though my predicted is DDM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, your predicted DDM is perfectly fine. It is only one grade away and is only a prediction. You will get DDD so on DDM they will make you an offer. The course is competitive, but not really competitive just quite competitive. On a really competitive course you would need to be predicted DDD at least to get an offer, and higher would be preferred.

Reply 6
[QUOTE="KH94;44583906"]

Yes, your predicted DDM is perfectly fine. It is only one grade away and is only a prediction. You will get DDD so on DDM they will make you an offer. The course is competitive, but not really competitive just quite competitive. On a really competitive course you would need to be predicted DDD at least to get an offer, and higher would be preferred.

I hope I get DDD! I have to work hard! I just don't know how to prove to kings that I will get DDD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
[QUOTE="Brentton;44584004"]
Original post by KH94

I hope I get DDD! I have to work hard! I just don't know how to prove to kings that I will get DDD

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will get DDD if you work hard. What is your BTEC in?

I am not sure how you can prove you will get DDD. I hope you come up with something. I wish you the very best of luck

Reply 8
Applied science (medical science) and thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Applied science (medical science) and thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took Applied Science as one of three subjects. My grade is currently being disputed because my school only gave me a Pass when I should of had a Merit or Distinction. It was a bad experience, but a great course. I just done Applied Science, but I am considering asking if they could award medical science.

Honestly, best of luck - you deserve success. I hope you achieve your goals and ambitions.

Reply 10
Original post by KH94
I took Applied Science as one of three subjects. My grade is currently being disputed because my school only gave me a Pass when I should of had a Merit or Distinction. It was a bad experience, but a great course. I just done Applied Science, but I am considering asking if they could award medical science.

Honestly, best of luck - you deserve success. I hope you achieve your goals and ambitions.

Well I hope they give you a distinction! You dont deserve the hassle! And thanks! It's my dream to study at kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Well I hope they give you a distinction! You dont deserve the hassle! And thanks! It's my dream to study at kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may give me a distinction! It would be nice. I've had a lot of hassle from them! It was change of tutors that caused the problem...

Thanks, you are so kind!

It won;t be your dream for much longer, my friend - it will be a reality :smile:

Reply 12
Original post by KH94
They may give me a distinction! It would be nice. I've had a lot of hassle from them! It was change of tutors that caused the problem...

Thanks, you are so kind!

It won;t be your dream for much longer, my friend - it will be a reality :smile:

Ahh :/ you should get it sorted out then! And I wish lol, I just want my offer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest