The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Che!
Since everyone found it doable, the pass mark will go up. Goodbye AEA Merit! :biggrin: Good job I don't need it for Oxford. Meanwhile, will I even get 3As? Not very sure at all...:frown:

:dito: and I didn't even find it that easy I couldn't do all the fill in the blanks or the grammar parts and I ran out of time for the essay, guess I will just have to lose the certificate then!
Let's hope that TSR just has the elite French people and that everybody else found it hard!!! Harsh as that sounds!
rachel-linguist
:dito: and I didn't even find it that easy I couldn't do all the fill in the blanks or the grammar parts and I ran out of time for the essay, guess I will just have to lose the certificate then!

I couldn't do some of them first time round then I realised that I wasn't reading the context properly. I ran out of time for the essay too, stopped writing it about a minute before 5pm. And we were using my watch to time the exam, which was weird because it was on my wrist so I just had to stop when my watch said 5pm!
Reply 43
leannemarie
Let's hope that TSR just has the elite French people and that everybody else found it hard!!! Harsh as that sounds!

Yeh I totally agree. Let's hope that we are "t3h 1337 g33k5" :biggrin:
Reply 44
Well if I fail that I will only have a lack of precision/saying what the markscheme wants to hear to blame, because it was quite a bit easier than the past papers and I understood everything. I agree, the pass mark will go up, and that the "Loft Story" translation was quite simple compared to an extract from literature. However I feel most could have translated that whole literature extract anyway.

Did any one notice the cheeky imperfect subjunctive once, I think it was "fit" (with circumflex now), which surprised me. And it was included in one of the phrase manipulation questions.

The listening most bizarrely was easier than my WJEC A2 French too, but the questions at A2 are very simple (i.e. tick boxes, a few word answers) and I think that's the difference between the two exams.

I wrote like 7 pages for the writing section, I did the second option, it ended up as a kind of play.

I needed the whole 3 hours though, and although a bit easier than past papers, still a healthy challenge, a good change from 3hours and finished in 1 hour FR6 papers.
Reply 45
I thought the listening was harder than the WJEC one, but easier than the authentik ones we'd been doing. It wasn't too bad, but I think I could have done better. It's just that at the end of the time, I just couldn't be bothered, I was bored, it was sunny outside, they had actually cleared away all the other chairs and tables in the hall because we were the last exam, etc.
I stopped about half an hour before the end and left
We had a fire alarm in ours, !!!!!!
What else is interesting?? Loft Story was ok to start off with, but hten got worse, unfortunately. Ah well... I didn't even think to put it on my ucas form ages ago! Ooops...
jessicat
I stopped about half an hour before the end and left
We had a fire alarm in ours, !!!!!!

Lol, I finished 45 minutes before the end and left and I had a fire alarm too :p:
Reply 47
Yeah it was so annoying, we had to go outside and everything, whiile the invigilator shouted, KEEP THEM SEPERATE, KEEP THEM SEPERATE, like, all four of us! We got ten minutes extra though which was cool. Trying to work with alarm bells = crap.
Reply 48
kellywood how did you manage to finish 45 mins before the end? i was glad to finally do a language exam which required the whole designated time, but i did write like 8 pages for section C, i got carried away...
Trolley
kellywood how did you manage to finish 45 mins before the end? i was glad to finally do a language exam which required the whole designated time, but i did write like 8 pages for section C, i got carried away...

Hmm, I don't know really. I don't think I rushed it, at least not intentionally, and I did check at the end to make sure I hadn't stupidly missed out a question or something :p: I wrote much less than you for section C though, probably only about 3 sides, but it was within the 450-500 words they told us to write, so I assumed it was OK. I also didn't check through it afterwards because, to be honest, I'd had enough by that point and I just wanted to go home! The only languages exam I haven't finished ridiculously early was A2 listening, where I actually didn't finish :confused: No happy medium!
jessicat
Yeah it was so annoying, we had to go outside and everything, whiile the invigilator shouted, KEEP THEM SEPERATE, KEEP THEM SEPERATE, like, all four of us! We got ten minutes extra though which was cool. Trying to work with alarm bells = crap.

I didn't have to go outside in the end. The invigilator asked one of the deputy heads, whose office was opposite the room we were in, what to do and she said to just carry on and that she'd come back and get us if she needed to. Needless to say, she didn't because it was most likely some kids or the builders who set it off, so I just took a break for 2 minutes while the bell was ringing. The invigilator said I could have 2 minutes extra time if I wanted it, but since I finished so early, I didn't need it anyway.
Reply 51
I wrote far too much for the essay but after completely screwing up the essay on the German one I wanted to really try my hardest with this one! I also thought the translation was a lot easier than the translation in the A2 for AQA, which was just pure evil.

Both AEAs went OK - on the one hand I'm glad because I was expecting them to be impossible but with everyone finding them fairly straightforward, I'm not holding my breath!

Latest

Trending

Trending