The Student Room Group

A2 Biology Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good idea for a thread! I started an A2 physics one a while back, but no one really got interested in it. Ah well!

Anyone doing AQA?? :smile:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Great idea - as with the AS thread.

I've survived OCR AS and A2 Biology so if anyone has anything OCR specific, quote me!

Do you have any tips for F216? It was the coursework that pulled me down last year.
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Good idea for a thread! I started an A2 physics one a while back, but no one really got interested in it. Ah well!

I did AQA :smile:
Original post by Headfirst_4_MCR
x

Key terms. Get them sorted and you should be OK - the way F213 and F216 are marked is slightly different to the exams in that you are unlikely to be credited if you waffle about a point correctly, without getting your key terms in there.
Key terms. Get them sorted and you should be OK - the way F213 and F216 are marked is slightly different to the exams in that you are unlikely to be credited if you waffle about a point correctly, without getting your key terms in there.
<br />
<br />
Okay, thank you. :smile:
Has anyone found any good resources for A2 aqa biology? i'm just looking for question booklets ect. i've been given a totally incompetent teacher this year
Reply 46
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth

Yessss
Reply 47
Original post by marcelkitten12
Has anyone found any good resources for A2 aqa biology? i'm just looking for question booklets ect. i've been given a totally incompetent teacher this year

Yeah , go on www.vbio.weebly.com . It it very useful for A Level biology , there are questions on each topic and pretty much everything you need for revision. Hope that helps !
Reply 48
Hi, where is everyone in A2 biology at the moment , is there anyone that has finished unit 4 already ? And have your teachers prepared you for the ISA/ EMPA ,yet ?
Original post by Tuana
Hi, where is everyone in A2 biology at the moment , is there anyone that has finished unit 4 already ? And have your teachers prepared you for the ISA/ EMPA ,yet ?

If you're on about OCR, we've done Unit 4 which is Responses. We've also done ecosystems and the Communication and Homeostasis. We've not done any of our ISAS yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by MarkProbio
If you're on about OCR, we've done Unit 4 which is Responses. We've also done ecosystems and the Communication and Homeostasis. We've not done any of our ISAS yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am on about AQA, but even then thank you - its good to know about other exam boards, too... :biggrin: I am selfstudying... so, just wanted to know where everyone is upto in revision
Reply 51
I am doing AQA, finished unit 4 but I am really struggling with the essay questions at the end of unit 5. Has anyone got any advice?
I'm failing, yay me!
Reply 53
Edexcel: How does temperature affect NPP?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find an explanation. Can someone please explain this?
Reply 54
Original post by Smonic
Edexcel: How does temperature affect NPP?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find an explanation. Can someone please explain this?

As chemical reactions occur more rapidly at higher temperature, the rate of plant respiration increases as temperature increases.

NPP = GPP - respiration

So, if the respiration rate increases, the NPP would decrease.

If temperatures decrease, the rate of respiration would decrease, increasing NPP.

Hope this makes sense :h:
Original post by Tuana
Yeah , go on www.vbio.weebly.com . It it very useful for A Level biology , there are questions on each topic and pretty much everything you need for revision. Hope that helps !

Thank you! that seems very helpful!
Reply 56
Great idea - as with the AS thread.

I've survived OCR AS and A2 Biology so if anyone has anything OCR specific, quote me!

Can you help with the Unit 6 Ocr practical I've got one on Thursday and found the mock really difficult, questions included!?
Original post by laurenf95
x

I can give you general advice and information, but, as for specific guidance I can't because it would almost certainly break the exam discussion rules given this is controlled assessment.

What are you finding difficult?
I am drawing a graph of light intensity effect on colour absorbance of indicator. I have established I need to draw a line graph. Do I plot the averages and create a line of best fit??
Reply 59
Original post by marcelkitten12
Thank you! that seems very helpful!

You're welcome ! Hope you get a good grade in biology

Quick Reply