The Student Room Group

A2 Biology Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by letsbehonest
I am drawing a graph of light intensity effect on colour absorbance of indicator. I have established I need to draw a line graph. Do I plot the averages and create a line of best fit??

I think you do :smile:
Original post by sophie-ny
I am doing AQA, finished unit 4 but I am really struggling with the essay questions at the end of unit 5. Has anyone got any advice?

If you send me your email I will send you a PDF copy of a guide to the synoptic essay writing, it gives you about 25 examples of essays to write, all which have scored around full marks ? :smile:
How's it going budding biologists? :biggrin:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
How's it going budding biologists? :biggrin:

Just thought I'd check your profile out, and whatdyaknow, a fellow Biomedical Scientist! :dance:
How's the degree going man, I'm in first year, and have the work ethic of a chav :frown:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I think you do :smile:

WTH

my teacher told me not to! She said plot the averages and then draw error bars

So I have a graph that looks like I just have some random error bars :/

I have never seen a graph that looks like that. What should I do?

I asked another teacher and he told me to draw a line graph.
Original post by letsbehonest
WTH

my teacher told me not to! She said plot the averages and then draw error bars

So I have a graph that looks like I just have some random error bars :/

I have never seen a graph that looks like that. What should I do?

I asked another teacher and he told me to draw a line graph.

Probably best to o with your teacher then as I don't know for certain :redface:
x

It's good, a fair bit of cross-over but otherwise very enjoyable. :biggrin:

You?
It's good, a fair bit of cross-over but otherwise very enjoyable. :biggrin:

You?

It's good, I enjoy it, more work than other degrees though :unimpressed:
What year are you in?
Reply 68
If anyone knows any good revision sites/guides for A2 Biology I would really appreciate it! I am pretty **** at Biology to be honest, but I really really love it and want to get a good grade.
Reply 69
Original post by ElexahKai
If anyone knows any good revision sites/guides for A2 Biology I would really appreciate it! I am pretty **** at Biology to be honest, but I really really love it and want to get a good grade.

I would recommend Collins revision guides. YouTube has some useful videos. However, don't just stick to one book for revision! Use multiple sources as concepts are explained differently and sometimes in more detail in one book than the other. Lastly, do lots of past papers and memorize mark scheme answers as not only does it help identify your weaknesses, it also helps drill in exam technique so you learn how to answer different types of questions. Hope this helped.
Reply 70
Original post by frets
I would recommend Collins revision guides. YouTube has some useful videos. However, don't just stick to one book for revision! Use multiple sources as concepts are explained differently and sometimes in more detail in one book than the other. Lastly, do lots of past papers and memorize mark scheme answers as not only does it help identify your weaknesses, it also helps drill in exam technique so you learn how to answer different types of questions. Hope this helped.

Thank you! What you're saying about using different books is something I didn't consider before. I will definitely use more resources :smile:
x

Y1 and yeah, my timetable is comparitively over-flowing when compared to others in my block.
Y1 and yeah, my timetable is comparitively over-flowing when compared to others in my block.

It be worth it, hopefully we'll have jobs and they won't.
x

I want to go do a PhD after this and go into research so hopefully. :smile:

That's, I either want to work was a large bio company or do GEM :smile:
You aiming for a first?
Reply 75
Original post by ElexahKai

Totally not plugging myself :P I have a youtube channel which people say is useful so it might help you :smile: MrBioTom1 just hope it helps :smile:
x

Yep - always aim for the top. :biggrin:
Yep - always aim for the top. :biggrin:

Very true :moon:
Is Keele good?
x

It's great, we have some fantastic research going on here at the moment into aging which is a particular field I like. :biggrin:

That sounds interesting. What research should it be exactly, if I may ask? there are many possibilities in the direction of biology: geneticist, virologist, biochemist, bacteriologist etc.

Quick Reply

Latest