The Student Room Group

im anxious and worried

Ok so ive come to uni and im nervous and anxious. The first night I went out and everything was ok, then I woke up and felt really bad, I didn't want to be here and I wanted to give up. I felt that my parents and school had 'pushed' me into going to uni because it's what everyone does. I feel that I was to quiet in this time and didn't speak up. Now im trying to struggle through it but im finding it hard. The last few days ive been exauhsted and haven't gone out with the other flatmates. Im also not really a big drinker and hate clubs and so im worried that ill be excluded and not be able to make friends as everyone here seems to love drink except me. Sorry if this seems badly structured but I just need advice and help.
I'd say hang in there for at least a couple of weeks, because things can seem really bad especially to begin with - I had a horrible first week or so (I even went through a phase of counting down hours until I got to go home for the weekend...even when it was 200 hours!) but it can get better!

Everything's quite tumultuous at the moment, but given time (some people longer than others) people settle into a new lifestyle pattern.

Think about your course as the reason you're there, and whether you're going to enjoy studying it. If it's a subject that means alot to you, you'll be able to fight through any doubts and anxieties to keep it up. However, if you're really not happy after a few weeks, it's up to you what to do next.
Reply 2
i feel exactly the same way, and been trying to find help on the internet but nothing seems to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending