The Student Room Group

If i quit college can they charge me? (19+ funding)

I had my fees paid because i'm on benefits (illness), but i really don't like it. I started late so everyone already knows eachother and today i got verbally abused by some skanky chav. Plus i'm really not well and they promised to make all these arrangements such as lift key etc but they've done nothing, i wasn't given an induction or any information just left to it with a wrong timetable - which would be fine as were all adults but i'm not well and its not helping... so i want to drop out but i'm worried could they charge me?
It depends on what contract you signed with them when you enrolled. Why not have a talk to your tutor about the problems you have faced and see what they can do.
Original post by vivavangveing
I had my fees paid because i'm on benefits (illness), but i really don't like it. I started late so everyone already knows eachother and today i got verbally abused by some skanky chav. Plus i'm really not well and they promised to make all these arrangements such as lift key etc but they've done nothing, i wasn't given an induction or any information just left to it with a wrong timetable - which would be fine as were all adults but i'm not well and its not helping... so i want to drop out but i'm worried could they charge me?

Seriously, you are quiting college because of a chav and a few other hiccups? Do you really think your education is worth less than that? I am not saying that you shouldn't quit, but you should ignore/sort out these problems because I, truly believe you have the potential in you to carry on and become and get the grades you need.
Reply 3
Original post by Flying Duck
It depends on what contract you signed with them when you enrolled. Why not have a talk to your tutor about the problems you have faced and see what they can do.

Thank you, i very very stupidly didn't read the small print, do you think it's usual for colleges to charge for leaving this early?I don't have a tutor yet, the whole thing has a complete shambles in the lack of support they have offered me especially for my illness.

Original post by textbookanswer
Seriously, you are quiting college because of a chav and a few other hiccups? Do you really think your education is worth less than that? I am not saying that you shouldn't quit, but you should ignore/sort out these problems because I, truly believe you have the potential in you to carry on and become and get the grades you need.

Thank you, i totally get were you are coming from, but the reason why i want to leave is because i can't cope with my illness, i thought i'd be able to manage it but its too much. I was just ranting about the other stuff, sorry, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending