The Student Room Group

civil service summer diversity internship 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bekah93
Yup that's what mine says, but if you click in the 'I' in the left it says I've been selected for an interview in early March.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah panic over lol, guess we should start preparing competency questions then :cool:
How does everyone feel their interviews have gone so far?

Mine is in 6 days :eek:
Reply 82
Original post by cremefraiche

I'm still 'awaiting invitation.' Yours is quite early! Have they given you any information about what to expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bekah93
I'm still 'awaiting invitation.' Yours is quite early! Have they given you any information about what to expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you click under maps and forms there's a guide to the telephone interview there :smile: I e-mailed them and they said they've started getting back to everyone from today, so it shouldn't be too long :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by cremefraiche

WHAT?! 6 days? When/how did they tell? Mine still says awaiting invitation and will first half of March, but your interview clearly isnt...
Original post by e.lau16
WHAT?! 6 days? When/how did they tell? Mine still says awaiting invitation and will first half of March, but your interview clearly isnt...

That's what mine said but nope 6 days ... I got an e-mail this morning!
Original post by Bekah93
Did you have an interview today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ya man

For everyone awaiting interviews - it's very straightforward - the interview will explicitly tell you which competency they're testing for each question, and the questions are literally 'give me an example when you displayed *insert competency*'. The competencies are those listed in the the interview guidance.

I don't want to say anymore because a) you're the competition b) I don't want you to get an unfair advantage over those not on TSR c) the interview, as I mentioned above, is REALLY straightforward, and it follows the interview guidance doc

Good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by ParetoOptimum
x

Fair enough! Thanks for the help though and hope it went well for you!
Did they say when you should expect to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Does anyone else have to fill in a questionaire? They said my application was successful? :ahee: (No interview yet?)
They still haven't told me whether I will have an interview or not.... can't they just put me out of my misery?!
Reply 90
Original post by ParetoOptimum
Ya man

For everyone awaiting interviews - it's very straightforward - the interview will explicitly tell you which competency they're testing for each question, and the questions are literally 'give me an example when you displayed *insert competency*'. The competencies are those listed in the the interview guidance.

I don't want to say anymore because a) you're the competition b) I don't want you to get an unfair advantage over those not on TSR c) the interview, as I mentioned above, is REALLY straightforward, and it follows the interview guidance doc

Good luck :smile:

hey :smile: i just had my interview, i was wondering how long was yours? because mine was less than 50 mins! just a little worried haha
Original post by Minz211
hey :smile: i just had my interview, i was wondering how long was yours? because mine was less than 50 mins! just a little worried haha

Mine was only 45 mins; the interview length doesn't matter so don't worry!
I have an interview in a couple of weeks. Feeling quite nervous about it personally! Good luck to everyone else who's made it this far!
Reply 93
Interview in mid March :unsure:
Original post by jazzkandothis
They still haven't told me whether I will have an interview or not.... can't they just put me out of my misery?!

Same :frown: but they said they'll inform everyone by the end of February, so we should know soon
Original post by Khodu
Interview in mid March :unsure:

Good luck!
Yeah hopefully! I am so impatient I keep going on to check if the status has changed.. D=
Reply 97
My interview isn't until March 18th so it seems like they're taking place for quite a while for those who haven't heard yet.

Anyone know how long the internship is supposed to last and when it starts? Difficult to plan summer at the moment! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
I had my interview today, it lasted 40 minutes. Results in April. Good luck!
Original post by ssdd
I had my interview today, it lasted 40 minutes. Results in April. Good luck!

Good luck with your results, how do you think it went? I can't imagine mine lasting longer than about 40 mins

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending