The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sori here it is...
ths is wht the mark scheme gives..
Reply 22
yeah that wat i was looking at. i'm going to say that the markscheme is wrong... anyways its midnight now so i'm going to bed
good luck all!
Reply 23
It seems that this thread here (http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=246149) also asks the same question.

If you have NAS book 'fields forces and synthesis' they show on page 52 a magnetic field into the page. A negative charged particle is deflected downwards, where as the positive charged particle is deflected upwards.
arite then..good luck to u2 thanx a lot!!
Na i dont have that book..but what explanation do they give for that?
Reply 26
It might be ok. CD was going up wards at a fairly steep rate, and it turns downward, visa versa for CE.

It's very unclear though
Reply 27
They say the same stuff as has been said here (flemings LHR etc) . It shows a magnetic field into the page (thats denoted by the 'x' right?) . IT then shows a negatively charged particle being deflected downwards. It is moving from left to right.
Reply 28
Its prob too late now, but i think i get whats goin on

When using FLHR, thumb gives direction of centripetal force, as the particle will be experiancing circular motion (cos its in a mag field which is acting perp to it)

So, the negative particle will actually not curve downwards as the thumb would then be pointing away from the centre of the circle.

just need to remember that particle will travel in circular path and that the thumb will give you centripetal force and will therefore always be pointing to the centre of the circle

Latest