The Student Room Group

Itching sensation

I have an itching sensation(not really an itch) almost inside my vagina, just less than an inch inside, roughly. I have no visible irritation and no other symptoms, no smell, nothing.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Have you been tested for thrush, bacterial vaginosis, urine infection and STD's? i would rule all those out first. You could try Vagisil to relieve the itch.

I currently have a similar thing but it is more of a burn than an inch.
Reply 2
Could in UTI maybe, i'll see what I can do
Reply 3
Actually still having this problem, i've treated for BV and no difference, and thrush also and no difference. I was tested for a UTI when this started and nothing. It seems to happen alot more or even more intense when i'm down or feeling under the weather. Its starting to get to me. I have no idea what it could be and its so uncomfortable.
I have similar problems when I'm stressed- really itchy down there, and sometimes my skin splits (looks a bit like mouth ulcers). I've been to the GP a couple of times, and apparently it's fairly common. I was given hydro-cortisone cream to try to get rid of it (didn't work very well- it did get rid of it for about a month, but it's come back :/) and nappy rash cream (awkward thing to get from a pharmacy aged 17... Anyway) to ease the itchiness.

If I were you I'd talk to a female GP (seriously, I talked to my male GP about it, and he looked like he felt very awkward, and didn't really help with anything, just established it wasn't an STI, which, being a virgin, I'd figured.) and discuss how to cope with it, as well as what it might be... I found it very comforting... Best of luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest