The Student Room Group

What happens if I withdraw?

Hey I'm currently looking to withdraw but wonder about paying back student finance. I've been here for two weeks and have yet to recieve the first payment. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahmay17
Hey I'm currently looking to withdraw but wonder about paying back student finance. I've been here for two weeks and have yet to recieve the first payment. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are receiving a grant and if you are given it before you withdraw you have to pay it back straight away, as it's public money that you were never going to pay back if you had stayed so it;s different from the loan. So I suggest if you are going to leave and you do get an installment shove it in a savings account and when you leave just give it back as it can be a pain in the neck otherwise.

Loans are a bit trickier but they may ask you for it back too, so I'd do the same with your loan money as the grant.

I work for SLC in their collections team so if you have any other questions let me know.
Reply 2
Original post by lyrical_lie
If you are receiving a grant and if you are given it before you withdraw you have to pay it back straight away, as it's public money that you were never going to pay back if you had stayed so it;s different from the loan. So I suggest if you are going to leave and you do get an installment shove it in a savings account and when you leave just give it back as it can be a pain in the neck otherwise.

Loans are a bit trickier but they may ask you for it back too, so I'd do the same with your loan money as the grant.

I work for SLC in their collections team so if you have any other questions let me know.

So what happens with my loan? Do I have to pay that straight back or do I pay it when I start earning?
So what happens with my loan? Do I have to pay that straight back or do I pay it when I start earning?

Like I said, loans are different but because you're leaving they may ask for it back. It's SFE's discretion. If I were you I'd pay it back straight away so you don't have to deal with people calling you asking for it.
Reply 4
Like I said, loans are different but because you're leaving they may ask for it back. It's SFE's discretion. If I were you I'd pay it back straight away so you don't have to deal with people calling you asking for it.

Okay thanks sorry one last question, does that mean I won't owe anything other than tuition fees or will I have to pay for them myself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks sorry one last question, does that mean I won't owe anything other than tuition fees or will I have to pay for them myself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you pay it back, I'm not sure about tuition fees as they go straight to the uni so I've never had to deal with them, again I'm sorry I wasn't more useful there.
Reply 6
Thanks for your help, I now feel alot better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

When my daughter left , she had to pay it back straight away . Also had to pay the uni her tuition fees. She was at uni for about 12 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending