The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tkane
oops lol....I woke up at 4am this morning....had my french exam....2hrs and 45mins!! came home and now I'm really tired so forgive my mistakes! and why the hell am I saying this on tsr?? :confused:

:dontknow:
O ye the french exam...it was a piece of cake :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Reply 22
jfdnbjfnghblngf
anyone have any mark schemes pleaaaase?
Reply 24
i add to all the ....
with
Reply 25
omonija
i add to all the ....
with

lolz....

there is a reason for all the ....'s but u shall never find out :p:
Reply 26
how did everyone find it this afternoon? I thought it was a bugger of a paper compared to the other ppqs...

let me know what u all thought..
Reply 27
Samf
how did everyone find it this afternoon? I thought it was a bugger of a paper compared to the other ppqs...

let me know what u all thought..

really!?!? :eek:

That was EASY! the data response couldn't have been any more straightforward and all 3 essays were really nice...but I ended up doing 4 because there was so much to talk about on the second part :smile:
Reply 28
I think this was question 4.....

Explain how Wealth inequality and Income ineqality are inter-related. (10 marks)

Disuss the view that (i think) taxation aimed at reducing wealth inequality could be used by a UK government to tackle/alleviate inome inequality (15 marks)
Reply 29
Some of the data response questions...

1)a) State one conclusion about the UK using each Fig 1 + 2 (2 marks)

b or c) Using a demand and supply diagram discuss the view tha "workers with skills wich are in low supply shoul be paid more...." (something like that) (4 marks)

d) "Something about ethics of encouraging immigartion from poor, developing countries" Dicuss this view....(6 marks)

Oh God I can't remeber anything today :confused:
Reply 30
tkane
I think this was question 4.....

Explain how Wealth inequality and Income ineqality are inter-related. (10 marks)

Disuss the view that (i think) taxation aimed at reducing wealth inequality could be used by a UK government to tackle/alleviate inome inequality (15 marks)

Yes that was it (although maybe worded differently). there was absolutely loads that you could write, I nearly got to 4 sides on the 15 marker. The 10 mark one though was a bit weird, seemed like there was a lot to say when looking at it, but in the end explained in a short paragraph. Ended up waffling a bit....
Reply 31
jhendo
Yes that was it (although maybe worded differently). there was absolutely loads that you could write, I nearly got to 4 sides on the 15 marker. The 10 mark one though was a bit weird, seemed like there was a lot to say when looking at it, but in the end explained in a short paragraph. Ended up waffling a bit....

lol exactly....the first part wasn't so great but the second part made up for it....I'd be very suprised If i get lower than 13/15 for it although I'll probably never find out :rolleyes:

Anyone remeber some of the data response questions?? All I remeber is that it was very easy :biggrin:

No more exams now :eek: (wow that went quickly!)
Reply 32
o right.. we all found it hard but maybe it went better than we thought! Ne ideas what the mark scheme will be like for q2? a.) was about what q of lab a profit maximising firm would employ and b.) was the extent to which employers' demand can be used to explain the average wage rate in a named occupation... thanks
i personally thought that profit maximising employers will employ labour at mc=mrp, anyone else think of this at question 2, drew a diagram and explained that a profit maximising firm will employ labour less than a perfect labour market, explained mrp and mentioned the law of diminishing returns that the cost of emplotying one extra worker will lead to lower mpp

the second question was the interaction of labour supply and demand and also incleded other factor such as trade unions and monopsonies as my occupation was teachers.

the data response was okay apart from the fist question and the one about using demand and supply analysis

ok paper but i think i flopped the first part of the essy question, 2
Reply 34
did question two, found i only managed to knock out two sides for both parts :eek:.

but i got all the points down, i just hope the examiner sees the quality and forgets about the quantity :p:
Reply 35
I did question 3, i thought the paper was a lot easier than the January one, the third essay was something like analyse the differences in efficiency between monopolistic competition and perfect competition, just draw the two different diagrams in the long run monopolistic competition over produces makes excess capacity in the market therefore not as allocatively efficient as perfect competition, also doesnt produce at the minimum point of the ATC curve thus productive inefficiency.
Then for the second part just was something to do with Discuss how the introduction of low cost airlines has increased the efficiency of Air Travel companies. Won't put all i wrote cos it would be very laborious.

Latest

Trending

Trending