The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Starting a new thread for this years (2013-2014) HMRC Tax Professional Programme, as the previous one dates back almost three years.

Applications open today! Has anyone else started the process yet?

Rob

Scroll to see replies

I completed the situation judgement, numerical, and verbal today. Doing the work style questionnaire tomorrow.
My feedback says I've scored better than 63% of people who have previously done the situ judgement test which isn't amazing haha but we'll see..
Reply 2
Original post by Hollie Jayne
I completed the situation judgement, numerical, and verbal today. Doing the work style questionnaire tomorrow.
My feedback says I've scored better than 63% of people who have previously done the situ judgement test which isn't amazing haha but we'll see..

Hey Hollie,

How were the 3 tests you did, especially the numerical reasoning test?

Cheers
Original post by Kishmanz
Hey Hollie,

Cheers

I found the numerical reasoning test alright; the questions are simple but I didn't finish them all within the time limit so had to guess about 4! So don't spend too long on each question.

I found the verbal reasoning test quite hard! I don't feel very confident with how well I've done with this one. I felt like I had plenty of time on this test though, I'm just awful at verbal reasoning.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you can help solve IDS's problems with HMRC re the universal benefit or enable them to end the farce re child benefit and two incomes, then please apply.
Reply 5
Original post by Kishmanz
Hey Hollie,

Cheers

Don't rush and do the tests. You have until late October (I think) to do stage 1 tests, as recruitment doesn't operate on a first come first serve basis. Only until the deadline has passed will HR review candidates test results.
You've plenty of time to practice.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Just a little advice folks. Don't totally ignore the old thread as many of the previous years trainees still follow it and can offer some general advice along with all that has already been posted.

I've just started the programme last week and am enjoying it so far.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Just to repeat what's been said there's loads of good advice on the old thread for all stages of the application. It's just a pain to trawl through.

Good luck to you all, it's a great course and worth applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
On my only day off of my working week (paying residential rent with no student loan sucks) I'm finally going to look into applying for this scheme, seems so interesting!

Are there any practice tests for the ones they ask you to do? Just to see what format they are like?

EDIT: Found them, lol. Such a donut.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Completed all 4 tests and I just got an e-mail saying that I will be notified of my result no later than 5th February 2014!

Seems so far away!
Reply 11
Completed all 4 tests and I just got an e-mail saying that I will be notified of my result no later than 5th February 2014!

Seems so far away!

Be prepared for some waiting along each step of the process. It's a very popular programme with I think 12,500 people applying last year for 200 positions. It can take HR a while to process all these results. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 12
Without meaning to diminish the wealth of information in previous threads that some former contributors seem too keen to remind us of, I think that each year ought to have its own thread, and one can always reference to archived comments with ease!!!

Besides, in the previous years single thread, it is often difficult to follow discussion as both those applying for the graduate Tax Professional Development Programme and EO Compliance Officer roles seem to be talking about different things at the same time, thus, confusing anyone joining the discussion!
Reply 13
Completely agree dj_macky, was just eluding to how the previous thread can be helpful to know processes and timings of the application process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The TPDP Facebook page is a good one to follow for info on the application process too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Passed both the numerical and verbal test. Will probably do the work style questionnaire tomorrow. Does anyone know what that's all about??

Is it just questions on scenarios you would would deal with on the job?
I've just started my application for this Grad Scheme, will be taking the 3 online tests tomorrow. Any advice would be great!
I will be keeping an eye on the old thread too.
Original post by masternutter
Passed both the numerical and verbal test. Will probably do the work style questionnaire tomorrow. Does anyone know what that's all about??

Is it just questions on scenarios you would would deal with on the job?

It's just a lot of questions to do with you where you have to state whether you agree, strongly agree, disagree, etc. No scenarios. :smile:
It's just a lot of questions to do with you where you have to state whether you agree, strongly agree, disagree, etc. No scenarios. :smile:

Are the questions tricky at all? I found the verbal test had some challenging questions where I thought there was no clear answer.
Original post by masternutter
Are the questions tricky at all? I found the verbal test had some challenging questions where I thought there was no clear answer.

I also found the verbal test quite hard but the work style questionnaire seemed much simpler. I'm not going to post the exact questions but it's questions about yourself where you have to say whether you agree or not.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest