The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I always drink water too. Lots of it.
Reply 21
Bethrice
Yesterday...

Breakfast: Puffed wheat and banana chopped up on top, then a peach, some grapes and an orange

Lunch: Cheese and Pickle Sandwich, Twiglets, Chocoale bar, apple, another orange, another apple, some more grapes, 12 almonds and 8 apricots.

Dinner: Pasta with tomato sauce, salad, yoghurt

Snacks: Chocolate biscuits, some uncooked noodles (really good to snack on!) 2 apples, 1 peach, a few more handfuls of grapes, 2 oranges, 2 kiwis and a banana.

that much fruit is not good for you! how do you not have the runs if you eat that much fruit every day?! maybe you should substitute some of your fruit servings for a serving of raw veges such as carrots, celery, peppers, mushrooms etc
Reply 22
I hate drinking water. I hate salad. I hate anything healthy. Mmmm...chocolate. :smile:
Reply 23
water is boring and makes me be sick :frown:
Reply 24
I drink too much orange juice. I think i'm gonna turn into one :s
Reply 25
pumpkin7
water is boring and makes me be sick :frown:

water doesn't make you sick :rolleyes:. how could it?! i used to dislike water because i thought it was boring but then i realised it was just because every other drink we have is loaded with flavourings and sugar and crap like that, so i stopped drinking anything but water. i will have the odd glass of fruit juice, and alchohol when i go out (either spirits neat, or with various types of juice as mixers; never coke) but other than that i only drink water or green tea. you get used to it and learn to realise that it is actually the most refreshing drink and you feel generally so much healthier when you get sufficient quantities.
water's pretty much all i drink day to day as well; i have the odd cup of tea, and when i go out i drink spirits (cocktails all the way:biggrin: ) or wine..
i do really notice a difference if i dont drink as much water as usual though; i get lethargic and feel headachy and generally pretty rubbish.
drink up guys:wink:
Reply 27
Hmm. Today I haven't eaten anything, as I got up an hour ago. Eek.

I tend to eat healthy meals, based around tuna or couscous and salad-y stuff, with ciabbatta bread, or half-fat cheese.

But my snacks tend to be very unhealthy: chocolate bars, donuts, cookies etc etc. Flapjacks, mmm. Now I'm on antibiotics that I have to take four times a day on an empty stomach, so I'm realising just how often I normally eat.
Here is what I typically eat in a day:

Breakfast: Banana, Half Bagel with cream cheese and sliced tomato on it, glass of water or pure orange juice

Morning snack : Handful of natural nuts and dried fruit, carrot sticks, glass of water

Lunch: Bowl of fresh soup with a piece of crusty wholemeal bread, glass of water

Afternoon snack: Celery sticks with natural peanut butter on them, some cold meat, glass of water

Early evening snack: Fruit with live natural yogurt or a homemade fruit smoothie, glass of water

Dinner: Grilled fish (Tuna steak, salmon etc) with salad and new potatoes or big stirfry with prawns or chicken with cajun spices and a side of wild rice. Glass or water or two.

Dessert: Large piece of dark organic chocolate. Frozen grapes or some fresh mixed berries. Glass of water.

This eating plan is really effective for me as it speeds my metabolism and I burn everything a lot faster than I would if I ate 3 big meals a day.
Weetabix for brekkie
Banana for mid morning snack
Small salad with seeds and beans and brown rice
Weetabix for tea and another banana
A typical day for me would be:

B:4 weatabix with skimmed milk if exercising if not scrambled eggs

S: piece of fruit and carton of yoghurt

L: tin of baked beans/ packet of veggie sausages/ eggs if not had for brekkie

S: fruit or bowl of cereal of exercising in the evening

D: something like spaghetti and lentil sauce/ veggie spag bol (made with wholemeal spaghetti/ curry/ chilli with brown rice and lots of veggies
I've just realised how boring my meals are by writing this down!

This was yesterdays food. Actually, it isn't all that different from any other say haha.

Breakfast - 1 banana sliced with fat free natural yoghurt on the top, honey and a handful of raisins.

Lunch - A wholemeal bagel with cream cheese and cucumber on.

Snack - An apple scone.

Dinner - A salad consisting of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, spring onion, sweetcorn, croutons and chicken breast that i flavoured and cooked myself myself using honey and a spice powder.

Snack - An apple and banana.

Yep, thats how boring it can get guys. I so much look at chocolate or a donut, and i gain half a stone!
Reply 32
Shreerac1
I usually skip breakfast. Is this bad?

yes skipping breakfast is pretty bad as brekkie gives u most of ur enegry for the whole day. If u dont eat brekkie, ull feel more peckish throughout the day and hence, eat more, gain weight, etc etc.. also if u have breakfast u feel more energised throughout the day (or at least i do).. if u really want to skip a meal, id skip dinner..
Reply 33
electrofantastic
I've just realised how boring my meals are by writing this down!

This was yesterdays food. Actually, it isn't all that different from any other say haha.

Breakfast - 1 banana sliced with fat free natural yoghurt on the top, honey and a handful of raisins.

Lunch - A wholemeal bagel with cream cheese and cucumber on.

Snack - An apple scone.

Dinner - A salad consisting of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, spring onion, sweetcorn, croutons and chicken breast that i flavoured and cooked myself myself using honey and a spice powder.

Snack - An apple and banana.

Yep, thats how boring it can get guys. I so much look at chocolate or a donut, and i gain half a stone!

Doesn't sound boring to me, sounds great! Maybe minus the apple scone, not my kinda taste, but the rest sounds great :smile: