The Student Room Group

its over - but lets all share 1 memorable thing we no!

Its over .... :smile: yay i here u cry!

but lets me honest lets all share,one last statement about psychology, that we always wanted 2 come up, because we just new the answer!

:suitd: ***** a limitiation of the humanistic approach is that it isnt scientfic, however this is done deliberatley, because if it was it would be misleading, however because it isnt scientific some researchers say its vague, and hypotheses cant be tested! However Rogers tried to make it more scientific in order tomake his Q sort tasks data more valid and reliable! *****:suitd:

dunnohow i no that but its my dream question, i could go in2 detail!
but everyone remebers small stupid things that jst never appear and have little relevance!
know im gona try and forget it! lol
xxxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am so so so so happy psychology is over!!!! never have to do it again!! haha will always remeber Freud and his stupid model completley dismissed by like everyone!

*the psychodynamic approach believes psychological disorders are due to conflict occuring during the oral, anal, phalic, latency and genital phases. Also conflict between the id, ego and superego*
Reply 2
I bet half of us went into psychology thinking...yer it'll be interesting and I'll enjoy it....little did we know HOW MUCH we had to learn and that we wouldn't be assessed on half of it!

Anywayz it's all over wahay!
Reply 3
This thread makes me sad :frown:
Reply 4
well I'm taking psych to uni so I'm not leaving it behind yet! But something I remember hmmmm....HARLOW'S MONKEYSSS awww, we watched a video on that - sad, hilarious and disturbing all at the same time...poor little things. Oh and the flowerpot cat! :biggrin:
i felt sorry for Skinner's rat. poor thing.
Reply 6
Freud loved his daughter. Very, very much.
Reply 7
lol me 2, im doing in at uni -- we hopefully if the god of examiners is giving me an A, i slready have double distinction n (which =2 x A)

Haha i cant beleive Freud thought that dora fancied him!
Reply 8
zoea85
well I'm taking psych to uni so I'm not leaving it behind yet! But something I remember hmmmm....HARLOW'S MONKEYSSS awww, we watched a video on that - sad, hilarious and disturbing all at the same time...poor little things. Oh and the flowerpot cat! :biggrin:

Ah I wanted that one! Erm I'll remember...nothing really its all been repressed and will be stored on a shelf in my brain until I start my psychology degree next year. I might be doing an AEA next year though :confused: - I'm sure my result on that will be.......memorable :frown: ......
Reply 9
nickb123
Ah I wanted that one! Erm I'll remember...nothing really its all been repressed and will be stored on a shelf in my brain until I start my psychology degree next year. I might be doing an AEA next year though :confused: - I'm sure my result on that will be.......memorable :frown: ......

Well... I was freaked out my the 33% pass rate to begin with, BUT I was given an example sample paper written by a student who passed last year ( not my college mind, cos they all failed) but I've been reading it and to be honest, I can't see how they got a distinction because their answers are very basic in alot of places and they've just written and written without taking time to think, which is what the examiners advise against.

After seeing a real life example answer I am now a lot more confident that I stand a chance because, without being bitchy, I know I am as capable if not more so than this 'model student'!

See if you can get hold of the sample paper (with a student answer) and markscheme from your teacher! It should make you feel a lot more confident!
Reply 10
it really doesnt matter if you write and write without thinking too much about structure, I got full marks a few times so I might know too.

i was going to do the AEA last year, but having paid little attention this year, I couldnt be bothered
Reply 11
something i remember, jouvet's flowerpot study- as already mentioned.

labotomies? :biggrin:
if we have evolved from monkeys and apes, then why the f*** do we still have monkeys and apes???

a limitation of biological aproach.
Reply 13
uthinkilltellu
if we have evolved from monkeys and apes, then why the f*** do we still have monkeys and apes???

haha i never thought of that,
i didnt really no any limitations for it like that.
i s=jst did study study study study haha xxx
Reply 14
uthinkilltellu

It's all to do with survival of the fittest - and adaptation to survive

But goodluck to all of you going to uni to read psychology - its a blast!!!:biggrin:
Reply 15
i learnt i once wanted a weener :frown: lol
<3 freud

oh.. and crappest A02 point... "it lacks ecological validity"
Reply 16
~*Sar*~
i learnt i once wanted a weener :frown: lol
<3 freud

oh.. and crappest A02 point... "it lacks ecological validity"

However crap it may be, you have to love it :p:!
LACKS ECOLOGICAL VALIDITY! Woohoooo!!!

And I always remember Harlow and Zimmerman's cupboard love experiment (how's that for some remembering?! That was AS stuff!!) with their fluffy mummies or their wire mummies :redface: :biggrin: so cute :love:
Reply 18
memory 7 +/- 2 items, more if you chunk.
coursework=major headache!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending