The Student Room Group

my girlfriend needs time to think about us

Dear friends,

I need your help regarding my relationship with my girlfriend. We have been together for a little while. Lately she has been distant with me. I asked her if everything was alright regarding our relationship she said yes. I still had the impression something was wrong. Indeed she cancelled two dates in a row. She finally admitted that she didn’t love me as much as before and that she needed some time to think about us. One of the reason she mentioned was that she wanted to hangout more often with her friends instead of doing couple stuff. In other words, she misses her freedom. When I asked her if she wants to break up, she said no. She also mentioned we rushed too quickly in the relationship.

We decided to meet up Sunday for dinner so we could talk about our relationship.

Until Sunday I will not talk to her/message her to give her the space she needs.

Do you think this is the end or it’s just a low moment in our relationship? If she needs to take it slow I am ready to go for it, I just want to save our relationship.
Hi. It's been 6 days since you've posted and I think you deserve a response, so maybe this will help a bit :smile:

I honestly think that nearly every relationship suffers periods like this. Your relationship is probably not over, but time is necessary for people to think things through. My boyfriend went through something very similar with me, telling me he didn't love me anymore and that I wasn't the one for him. He left me, but realised he made a mistake and wanted me back after under a week. Sometimes, shocks need to be delivered to get things back on track, and we've been stronger than ever. I think that it's important to get friendship/relationship balances right. Spending all your time with them is not right because, at the end of the day, as much as you love them, you do have a life that exists outside them and that should be respected. This is probably why she feels like this in the first place.

Hopefully your talk went well :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
Dear friends,

I need your help regarding my relationship with my girlfriend. We have been together for a little while. Lately she has been distant with me. I asked her if everything was alright regarding our relationship she said yes. I still had the impression something was wrong. Indeed she cancelled two dates in a row. She finally admitted that she didn’t love me as much as before and that she needed some time to think about us. One of the reason she mentioned was that she wanted to hangout more often with her friends instead of doing couple stuff. In other words, she misses her freedom. When I asked her if she wants to break up, she said no. She also mentioned we rushed too quickly in the relationship.

We decided to meet up Sunday for dinner so we could talk about our relationship.

Until Sunday I will not talk to her/message her to give her the space she needs.

Do you think this is the end or it’s just a low moment in our relationship? If she needs to take it slow I am ready to go for it, I just want to save our relationship.
Reply 2
Waaaaaa
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
She broke up with me... Actually we went together out for dinner... She was cold and distant but didn't mention anything about us... I had to ask her what's going on. That's when she said she wants to break up.
I saw her twice since the break up. She totally ignored me. She was not the good one for me.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending