The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

My grades too bad for Queen's Mary?

I want to study BA History at Queen Mary but my AS grades are ACCD. C in AS History. My predicted grades are A* BC. I'm predicted a B in History and I'm going to retake one unit of AS History to boost up my grade.

I'm really confused. Is there any point of applying? Please Help
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Here is a link that will take you right to their entry requirements.

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/79886.html

As long as you can get 320 UCAS points (equivalent to ABB) You should be able to do the course. It does not specify that they require the points to come from 3 A2 levels. So by theory, yes you should apply. However, if you do not believe you can get 320 UCAS points by other means of your ACC, then do not apply. QMUL are very strict on their entry requirements.

I hope this helped. Any further questions, check the link or PM me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
I want to study BA History at Queen's Mary but my AS grades are ACCD. C in AS History. My predicted grades are A* BC. I'm predicted a B in History and I'm going to retake one unit of AS History to boost up my grade.

You could get an offer, they should be lenient if you miss it by a grade.
I am applying for the same course with ABC, so I am 20 points off. :smile: Oh well, worth a shot.
Original post by Utterly-confused
I am applying for the same course with ABC, so I am 20 points off. :smile: Oh well, worth a shot.

is it? :smile: Is it your first choice? Which other unis are you applying to?
is it? :smile: Is it your first choice? Which other unis are you applying to?

Yes, infact I have an interview at QMUL! Have you got yours?
Yes, I got into Birmingham too! :') You?
Just so you know guys - I got in with BBB when entry requirements were ABB. So don't worry too much.
Reply 7
I want to study BA History at Queen's Mary but my AS grades are ACCD. C in AS History. My predicted grades are A* BC. I'm predicted a B in History and I'm going to retake one unit of AS History to boost up my grade.

I got ACDD at AS with ABC predicted grades and got an offer (ABB) this year for QMUL so yeah I think you can :smile:
Original post by FKLW
I got ACDD at AS with ABC predicted grades and got an offer (ABB) this year for QMUL so yeah I think you can :smile:

Exactly the same!
Reply 9
Exactly the same!

Which course :wink:
Original post by FKLW
Which course :wink:

History, you?
Reply 11
Why the hell do people say 'Queen's Mary'? I just dont get it!! It is Queen Mary! Its like everyone know says that!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by lala121
Why the hell do people say 'Queen's Mary'? I just dont get it!! It is Queen Mary! Its like everyone know says that!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same reason why so many people say "Tesco's" when it's "Tesco"
Reply 13
Original post by Hyde
Same reason why so many people say "Tesco's" when it's "Tesco"

Yeah, But Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Asda's sound well.. better than Queen's Mary. :colondollar:
Reply 14
History, you?

Biomedical Sciences :/
I've applied for English and Film Studies and the entry requirements state that I need ABB but I am predicted BBB. They're wanting an A in English and I'm only predicted a B so i'm a little wary about it. Queen Mary's is my first choice so I am nervous!
Original post by justmagica-l
I've applied for English and Film Studies and the entry requirements state that I need ABB but I am predicted BBB. They're wanting an A in English and I'm only predicted a B so i'm a little wary about it. Queen Mary's is my first choice so I am nervous!

I'm in the same situation as you... I emailed them and they said "we may or may not still let you in if you don't meet your condition". I guess I'm firming qmul and hoping for the best :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by lala121

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's not like the Queen owns Mary hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending