The Student Room Group

Young British people 'do not trust Muslims'

Scroll to see replies

I like the bit at the begining of the piece, 'findings suggest that young people need to mix more'.

So not only are we told what to think and how to be all pc and such like, but actually, we should all befriend a muslim because until we do, we must all be ignorant bigots. Perhaps young people see Islam for what is it, a backward and often intolerent faith which in my view has no place in the Uk.

It doesn't take a genious to realise that people tend to mix with like-minded others, hence vast enclaves of muslims in many towns and cities. It's just a pity that someone didn't realise that 60 odd years ago, had that been the case, perhaps parts of Britain wouldn't now resemble a third-world cess pit.
Reply 21
Original post by originaltitle
Not sure what you're trying to say here: that Muslims are strong despite their feeble numbers, or that Muslims are not peaceful?As for the latter, what I said exactly disproves it: If indeed Muslims were harbouring ignoble sentiments towards their non-Muslim British counterparts, Britain would be a very Muslim state indeed by now. As it happens, the Muslims intend to do no such thing, and therefore are very peaceful by your standards.And Muslims are not a fairly small minority. They may be a minority, but certainly a growing minority.
and what does that mean lol, that muslims could convert all non muslims at a whim? - don't be stupid, when a tiny country like israel has the brains and ability to hold off the entire Islamic world for hal a century, we know what you are saying is simply bull ****. your views do somewhat explain however the distrust of islam shown in the poll, that cant just be put down to xenopohobia.
Original post by UEnlighten
that's are very odd thing to say there are far more non-muslims in Britian (and the world)- Jews, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs buddists etc etc.

Dunno if you and he are deliberately being slow or your reasoning prowess is genuinely as infirm as it looks to be.
Original post by Kiss
I'm not surprised:

Spoiler

exactly this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UEnlighten
a tiny country like israel has the brains and ability to hold off the entire Islamic world for half a century,

Hardly the brains, certainly the weaponry, besides other factors, including the pseudo-existence of an 'Islamic' world and generally inane leaders.
If all the Muslims of Britain did decide to turn against all the non-Muslims of Britain, there would be no non-Muslims existing in Britain at the moment.

What have you been smoking? Can you get me some?
If all the Muslims of Britain did decide to turn against all the non-Muslims of Britain, there would be no non-Muslims existing in Britain at the moment.

How exactly are you going to do that since non-Muslims are an overwhelming majority? Isn't Islam supposed to be a religion of peace? And you wonder why the statistics indicate people don't trust Muslims, you're just perpetuating the reasons why people mistrust you. It's not because you're peaceful that you haven't taken over, you wouldn't stand much of a chance if you tried to be honest.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by illusionz
What have you been smoking? Can you get me some?

I thought that was a stupid statement as well

However, unfortunately, I continued to read and his posts became more idiotic.
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
How exactly are you going to do that since non-Muslims are an overwhelming majority? Isn't Islam supposed to be a religion of peace? And you wonder why the statistics indicate people don't trust Muslims, you're just perpetuating the reasons why people mistrust you.

God, all of you really need to pursue a serious mental exercise plan. What I meant to say was that Muslims aren't as violent as the general British public thinks because non-Muslims exist in Britain today; if Muslims were violent, non-Muslims wouldn't be alive and kicking as they are today.
It isn't a matter of majority or minority. God, refer to the above advice, please.
Reply 29
Original post by Heliosphan
I like the bit at the begining of the piece, 'findings suggest that young people need to mix more'.

So not only are we told what to think and how to be all pc and such like, but actually, we should all befriend a muslim because until we do, we must all be ignorant bigots. Perhaps young people see Islam for what is it, a backward and often intolerent faith which in my view has no place in the Uk.

It doesn't take a genious to realise that people tend to mix with like-minded others, hence vast enclaves of muslims in many towns and cities. It's just a pity that someone didn't realise that 60 odd years ago, had that been the case, perhaps parts of Britain wouldn't now resemble a third-world cess pit.

Could i ask how you know so much about islam? from what sources have you deciphered that islam is 'backwards and intolerant' ?
God, all of you really need to pursue a serious mental exercise plan. What I meant to say was that Muslims aren't as violent as the general British public thinks because non-Muslims exist in Britain today; if Muslims were violent, non-Muslims wouldn't be alive and kicking as they are today.
It isn't a matter of majority or minority. God, refer to the above advice, please.

So you're saying if muslims fought against non muslims theyd automatically win? Hmmm.

So each radical muslim is like a ticking timebomb? (literally in alot of cases)

You don't seem to understand that most people, if not all, understood the dumb point you were making.
(edited 10 years ago)

"Serious mental exercise plan"? Are you just saying words hoping they make you sound vaguely intelligent? Just accept your original statement was stupidly phrased and you should have clarified that you didn't intend for it to sound like a passive-aggressive threat.

What you seem to be forgetting is that non-Muslims can fight their own ground too, we aren't going to allow Muslims take over this country by force lying down, you will probably lose. The purported peacefulness of your religion isn't the reason this country still has non-Muslims. You sound quite intolerant of other religions and beliefs if you actually think we can't exist together in a multicultural society. It isn't about who rules over what, we are supposed to live together peacefully, but alas that can't happen if non-dominant groups wish to make changes that affect the majority who do not want it.

Also, not all muslims are the same, you have Sunni's you have Shia's you have Wahaaaaaabi's you have Alawites..

I somehow dont think all you guys are gonna team up anytime soon, alot of you keep blowing up each others mosques, aswell as christian churches and Kenyan malls!
I'm quite happy to be friends with a Muslim no matter how into it they are.

However I won't be friends with someone who's homophobic or sexist or who looks down on me for drinking or eating pork or for not being a Muslim. Being a Muslim is no excuse for being a dick.
Reply 35
I don't trust people based on their religion, but if I did I'd have the same level of trust for Muslims compared to Christians for example. Some people need to stop looking at how Islam is presented in the media because it is mostly bad and mostly focused on extremist groups.
Reply 36
Well with the opinions of people like the OP I'm not surprised.

That being said, White/English people tend to go through this stuff every couple of decades or so. They first hated the scots, then the Irish, then the Asians, then the blacks, then the Asians again, then the Muslims.

It's slowly shifting to the Eastern Europeans next, it's all part of the cycle.
Original post by Brightbud
Could i ask how you know so much about islam? from what sources have you deciphered that islam is 'backwards and intolerant' ?

Atrocities are committed on a daily basis in the name of Islam by it's adherents.

It doesn't matter whether YOU consider the actions to be Islamic or not because others do. Islam provides the doctrine, the scriptures and the tools which justify the violence. This is how Islam is implicated in every terrorist attack attributed to muslims.
(edited 10 years ago)
Around burka's never relax lol
Reply 39
Original post by Heliosphan
Atrocities are committed on a daily basis in the name of Islam by it's adherents.

It doesn't matter whether YOU consider the actions to be Islamic or not because others do. Islam provides the doctrine, the scriptures and the tools which justify the violence. This is how Islam is implicated in every terrorist attack attributed to muslims.

Atrocities on a daily basis? :s-smilie:..... can you name me some scriptures that promote the 'atrocities' that are being committed please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending