The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrissM
Wow! I heard Southampton were quick, but that's insane! Congratulations on your offer! I sent my application to my college on Tuesday, so it should hopefully get sent away next week, and then the panic will begin! :biggrin:

Haha I know right I was so shocked and pleased for them to be so early! One uni to put me out my misery haha! Thank you very much :smile: Good luck for your application :biggrin:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Skamth
Got a Conditional offer from Southampton for MA Palaeolithic Archaeology and Human Origins :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! I sent mine off on Friday so havent got anything yet but its Medicine so expecting a delay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Biochemistry and have also applied for medicine!
Reply 63
Original post by jellybellys
Haha I know right I was so shocked and pleased for them to be so early! One uni to put me out my misery haha! Thank you very much :smile: Good luck for your application :biggrin:

Just out of curiosity, where else did you apply? And thanks :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by BrainChild
Congrats!! I sent mine off on Friday so havent got anything yet but its Medicine so expecting a delay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I actually had to send the course coordinator an email as it was past a month and a half after I had sent my application and I had to give a decision to Durham about their offer(which I wasn't very keen on). But the coordinator was kind enough to give me a call, speak about the course and then tell me he's giving me an offer! :') loving the place already! Yeah I've heard medicine takes some time but im sure you'll get in :biggrin: good luck and I hope to see you next year!
Original post by ChrissM
Just out of curiosity, where else did you apply? And thanks :smile:

Exeter, York, Warwick and Sheffield :smile: you?
Reply 66
Exeter, York, Warwick and Sheffield :smile: you?

Bath, Loughborough, Surrey and Sheffield! My tutor said it will go off next week, and then the panic will begin! :biggrin:
Original post by ellie_d
Geography applicant here :biggrin:

BA/BSc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BA although i wanted to apply for Bsc but my A-level subject choices reduces my chances of being given an offer for Bsc. Although there is nothing from stopping from picking some BA and Bsc unit's.

What are you applying for BA Or Bsc ?
Original post by ChrissM
Bath, Loughborough, Surrey and Sheffield! My tutor said it will go off next week, and then the panic will begin! :biggrin:

Awesome - good luck! What course are you applying for? Bath is a lovely place to go!
Reply 69
Awesome - good luck! What course are you applying for? Bath is a lovely place to go!

Aerospace Engineering! :biggrin: And yeah the city's amazing, it has great sports facilities too!
Reply 70
No one else applying to Morse?
Reply 71
I've slso had an offer from Southampton for History :smile:
Original post by ChrissM
Aerospace Engineering! :biggrin: And yeah the city's amazing, it has great sports facilities too!

Wow that's awesome! Ahhh awesome! Yeah, if Bath did History I would definitely be applying!
Reply 73
Original post by ellie_d
Applying for Geography :biggrin:

On the website it says they will accept AAB-ABB. But then says something about having an extended project. Is it AAB or ABB?!
Reply 74
[QUOTE="clop;44794753"]
Original post by ellie_d
Applying for Geography :biggrin:

On the website it says they will accept AAB-ABB. But then says something about having an extended project. Is it AAB or ABB?!

I believe it's AAB or ABB if you get an A in the EPQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by Luketreherne

BA although i wanted to apply for Bsc but my A-level subject choices reduces my chances of being given an offer for Bsc. Although there is nothing from stopping from picking some BA and Bsc unit's.

What are you applying for BA Or Bsc ?

I'm applying for the BA. They seem really flexible in regards to subjects taken and switching from the BA/BSc! Where else are you looking?

Original post by clop

I think it's ABB with an A in the EPQ? I'm not doing the EPQ so my offer (if I got one of course!) would be AAB? I think they've increased the offer this year, last year was ABB as I had the 2013 prospectus by accident and the requirement there was ABB.

Original post by Paralove

I believe it's AAB or ABB if you get an A in the EPQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I think thats right.
Reply 76
Original post by Skamth
Thanks! I actually had to send the course coordinator an email as it was past a month and a half after I had sent my application and I had to give a decision to Durham about their offer(which I wasn't very keen on). But the coordinator was kind enough to give me a call, speak about the course and then tell me he's giving me an offer! :') loving the place already! Yeah I've heard medicine takes some time but im sure you'll get in :biggrin: good luck and I hope to see you next year!

OMG. You lucky person! It would be fantastic to get an offer. I havent visited the Uni but I like what I saw interms of research! How is your course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to do German and Spanish. I keep changing my mind though: I originally put Edinburgh, then changed it to Soton, then Edinburgh and it's now back to Soton! Doubt I will get offers though, my languages grades weren't great.
Reply 78
Just applied for Physics :smile: personal statement was 4000 characters exactly ^^ just gotta hope for an offer now :smile:
Reply 79
How long did it take anyone to get a confirmation e-mail from Southampton?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending