The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants for 2014 Entry

Haven't seen one made yet so here goes.
This thread is for people planning on applying to Southampton, what are you planning on applying for?
For me I'm going to be applying to MORSE so lets get things started and good luck.

---

Connect to University of Southampton here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be in the 2014/2015 intake as I deferred due to national service :redface:. I applied for LLB and received my offer this June. Cheers!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Applied a few days ago for English. Good luck, prospective new chums.
Reply 3
Original post by Little Boots
Applied a few days ago for English. Good luck, prospective new chums.

Already? I haven't even finished my personal statement yet XD.
Original post by Dilzo999
Already? I haven't even finished my personal statement yet XD.

I was forced to rush and get everything in early 'cos I was also applying to Oxford. I envy you having the time to work on your personal statement, I had to bang mine out. I am a thoroughly underprepared young man.
Reply 5
I'll be applying for Aeronautics and Astronautics! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ChrissM
I'll be applying for Aeronautics and Astronautics! :smile:

Man those sound awesome, I'm really keen on choosing an Astronomy module as I get to choose which modules I can do for MORSE :biggrin:.
Reply 7
French & Spanish!! Also via the A2S scheme too, anyone else doing so...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Applying for Geography :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Applying for medicine next week! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for modern languages :smile: internal deadline is Wednesday so college will guarantee to have sent my application by end of October! Anyone here know how fast/slow southampton are with offers? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by PippaSmiles96
Applying for modern languages :smile: internal deadline is Wednesday so college will guarantee to have sent my application by end of October! Anyone here know how fast/slow southampton are with offers? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at the previous thread you should get an offer by the end of October if you've already applied so the time frame is about a 3 weeks to a month.
applying for biology within the next few weeks :biggrin:
Original post by PippaSmiles96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton are pretty fast, i got mine last year within a few weeks (i'm reapplying cause i changed the course yh) and I applied in october. Medicine is a lot longer for Soton though, but anything else varies :')
I'm about to finish my P.S for Mechanical Engineering :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Peppermunt
I'm about to finish my P.S for Mechanical Engineering :biggrin:

I've almost finished mine, but I'll be applying for Aerospace Engineering! I'm hoping to have my application sent off by the end of next week! :smile:
Reply 16
Looking at applying for biology, but the grade requirements are AAA-ABB, and I'm wondering, how does that work?
I'm predicted A*A*A so if I get an offer will they require me to get AAA or can if be lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by xstarsx67
Looking at applying for biology, but the grade requirements are AAA-ABB, and I'm wondering, how does that work?
I'm predicted A*A*A so if I get an offer will they require me to get AAA or can if be lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe the lower offer is for people with extenuating circumstances e.g. school etc. So you may or may not get the ABB offer.
Reply 18
Original post by xstarsx67

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that's your prediction then I'd expect them to give you a higher offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Southampton yesterday for History!

Quick Reply

Latest