The Student Room Group

What were your parents going to name you before they chose your name?

I was going to be either Emmy, Phoebe or Jennifer.

Instead they named me Catherine, Cassie for short.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Saffron. My father objected to it.
Reply 2
Guybrush.
Reply 3
Ophalin :sigh: After my dad's mum.

Instead they named me after my mum's mum :awesome:
Reply 4
It's Joe, was going to be...

Gabriel
Conna

or wait for it...and this was actually a more serious contender than Conna, it was between Gabriel and..

Merlin.

Suppose they're somewhat more interesting, but I'm glad she decided to play it safe..
Sally-Ann :dry: oh the shame.

Instead I'm Ann-Marie :erm:
Well my dad always wanted to call me Lewis but my mother had her heart set on 'Red'. Thank god my dad won that argument.
osama

deadly srs :frown:
My mum liked the name Paige, but my dad put his foot down and said no.

Instead they called me Rachel :smile:
Clifford :erm:
If I Mum had her way I would have been Robyn Ivy... but cos my Dad had forever wanted a little girl called George (after George in the famous five), I ended up with Georgina.

My brother chose my middle name. He was 4 at the time and was just like 'she looks like a Sophie'. And so I was. Kinda feel sorry for my Mum though! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
My parents wanted a floral theme so wanted to name me after their favourite flowers instead of a 'boring' flower name such as Rose or Daisy, so I nearly ended up as Tulip Hydrangea. Luckily they went with Sarah.
Parma Violet.

She was 18.
Reply 13
She wanted Lauren, he wanted Mercedes.

:nothing:

Apparently my father had high hopes for his baby daughter's future career as a hooker.
Apparently I was almost Cassandra and there was a brush with Ophelia and a close pass on Amelia, before they settled for plain ol' Emma.
If I'd been a boy, would have been Andrew. but I think my mum was set on calling me my name from the beginning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My parents seemed to give little thought to what they'd actually do with me once I was born... They had no real idea about names and chose my actual one on a whim, which is probably how it ended up so comical.

However, I think Horace was seriously entertained for if I had been a boy... :colonhash:
Ryan.
Sohail. I kinda prefer that name. Has a nice bell to it with my surname

But someone else already had it and that someone's mum is one of those "I had that name first"

Also Zeeshan was on the table

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Robyn, they settled with Vanessa

Quick Reply

Latest