The Student Room Group

Woolwich suspects DENY they murdered Lee Rigby

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/27/lee-rigby-woolwich_n_4001139.html?ref=topbar

So they're pleading guilty to the crime they're suspected of. Wasn't it caught on tape? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I look forward to the excuses. -.-
They're doing it for the publicity and as a final **** you to the victims family. Just ignore them.
Original post by originaltitle
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/27/lee-rigby-woolwich_n_4001139.html?ref=topbar

So they're pleading guilty to the crime they're suspected of. Wasn't it caught on tape? :confused:

It'll probably be some balls like "The war-mongering government are the ultimate guilty party, we're merely soldiers of allah. Why is this different to when a british soldier kills a middle eastern soldier" blah blah
The video could have been faked. There are already bits of the video debunked.

The british government are infidels.
(edited 10 years ago)
is this some sort of sick joke? he confessed to it whils being videotaped and know they deny it? wth
Original post by اولو الالباب

"Debunked"? Wasn't it just him talking to the camera, what is there to debunk?
Now that their moment of glory has faded and gone stale, they're pleading not guilty. Lol.
Reply 8
I wouldn't be surprised if they now end up getting tortured into admitting it. Feel sorry for them, they ended up being hounded by MI5, and tortured in places like Kenyan, which eventually lead to their current psychological state.

Many others should take the blame here. Hopefully, they get a light sentencing and instead receive medical help and compensation.
Original post by PythianLegume
"Debunked"? Wasn't it just him talking to the camera, what is there to debunk?

The bloody hands
Reply 10

Original post by Al-Mudaari
I wouldn't be surprised if they now end up getting tortured into admitting it. Feel sorry for them, they ended up being hounded by MI5, and tortured in places like Kenyan, which eventually lead to their current psychological state.

Many others should take the blame here. Hopefully, they get a light sentencing and instead receive medical help and compensation.

Your myopic and blinkered views, shielded entirely by heavy handed bias, makes you both look utterly moronic. And no-one believes a word of what you say. Except each other.
Original post by Drewski
Your myopic and blinkered views, shielded entirely by heavy handed bias, makes you both look utterly moronic. And no-one believes a word of what you say. Except each other.

Their views are so extreme, it brings Poe's Law to mind.
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski

Seems like you can't accept facts. Why not watch the contraversial testimony of one of the alleged attackers close friends, before he was nabbed by MI5 of course -

[video="youtube;HP9JXd1jAiM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9JXd1jAiM[/video]

If you prefer reading - Friend of Woolwich attack suspect arrested moments after BBC interview - Telegraph

This isn't about bias (which you seem to be exercising), but about Justice.
I'm not exactly sure what line they're going to take in their defence. Mistaken identity is definitely out due to the number and quality of witnesses and footage, there aren't really any gaps in the law for them to take advantage of, so the only way I can see that they possibly wouldn't spend the rest of their lives in prison is by claiming insanity (and even then they'd probably be committed indefinitely to a psychiatric hospital due to the severity of their crime). But even that seems far fetched given how rational the guy seemed on the video. Most cases you could argue there is a possible way out if they have a really really good lawyer, but here I just don't get what they are playing at, or why their solicitor(s) have allowed them to make this plea!
Seems like you can't accept facts. Why not watch the contraversial testimony of one of the alleged attackers close friends, before he was nabbed by MI5 of course -

[video="youtube;HP9JXd1jAiM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9JXd1jAiM[/video]

If you prefer reading - Friend of Woolwich attack suspect arrested moments after BBC interview - Telegraph

This isn't about bias (which you seem to be exercising), but about Justice.

Why is it odd that MI5 were closely watching him and offered him a job as an informant? He was a known radical, I would expect MI5 to be watching him closely and trying to get information on other potential terrorists.
Reply 15
Original post by PythianLegume
Why is it odd that MI5 were closely watching him and offered him a job as an informant? He was a known radical, I would expect MI5 to be watching him closely and trying to get information on other potential terrorists.

They were constantly hounding him, not "watching him". Anyone in his situation could've been messed up over it, not to mention his experiences in Kenya.

That's why I personally don't support any harsh sentencing against him.
"Warriors of Islam" realising the 72 virgins were a lie
They were constantly hounding him, not "watching him". Anyone in his situation could've been messed up over it, not to mention his experiences in Kenya.

That's why I personally don't support any harsh sentencing against him.

Except there's no evidence they did 'hound' him, only his and his friend's word. Given your general stance on punishment, I'd expect you to want harsh sentencing for a murderer. Or are you just letting your own opinions about his beliefs dictate what you decide?

Does the Qur'an say that murderers should be punished unless some MI5 agents were a bit mean to him?
Reply 18
LOL brave Jihaids

Not so hard when they don't have women and children to hide behind

But I'm glad they have denied this as when they are found guilty it will result in a harsher sentence
My brother trained as a lawyer and in his opinion they are doing it on the recommendation of their lawyers so that they get some time on the stand whereupon they may make a statement. No doubt about their political and religious beliefs and their reasons.

Since there is little reason to believe they are being tortured into admitting it at this time I think it's safe to say that's a stretch of the imagination. The fact that you feel sorry for them is rather unsurprising though.

Nope, it wasn't faked. The video that claimed it was a fake was in fact....a fake. The British government are a lot of things, infidels they are not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending