The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hmm, I was always under the impression that A levels are better than BTECs but what you have chosen may be suitable for your career path, it's all about what is right for you and if you want to be an IT practitioner or someone in IT then that course may help you out, but it would be better if you actually talked to a careers counselor and they can give you a lot of support and help and help you decide the right choices.

Best of Luck!
It depends what you want to do in the future really. If you're absolutely set on ICT, the BTEC would probably be fine, but A-levels would leave your options open more in case you changed your mind and you could still take ICT as one of your subjects.
Reply 3
when i went to work experience the technician there told me they actually preferred BTECs because they prepare you more for real work rather than A levels which are more about passing exams but im not sure coz im only yr 10!
Reply 4
*Princess*
when i went to work experience the technician there told me they actually preferred BTECs because they prepare you more for real work rather than A levels which are more about passing exams but im not sure coz im only yr 10!

I don't think many people here would appreciate that, A levels aren't GCSEs where you can just flick over notes and get an A*; it requires dedication and hard work to get the grades you want.
Cataclysm
I don't think many people here would appreciate that, A levels aren't GCSEs where you can just flick over notes and get an A*; it requires dedication and hard work to get the grades you want.

I think what she meant was that with A-levels, and indeed any academic qualification, you're not taught for the sake of being taught, you're just geared up to pass the exams. With a more vocational qualification, there may be more scope for learning for learning's sake and you might come out with skills more suitable to a job in that field.

Latest

Trending

Trending