The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If Jaime Fletcher doesn't get an A we're all doomed!
lol who's "Jaime Fletcher" lol... I talk good and have good knowledge but like it has been said many a time before did I evaluate well enough that is the big question.
easy paper.

crap subject.
Reply 43
The question implied Shell knew such a tax would be 'introduced/implemented' (whatever you want to use).

If Shell were to relocate before such a tax was 'introduced/implemented' then they would not be subjected to such a tax, regardless of how much profit they make in the UK.

Oh i dont know, i can't really remember the question anymore. I think i'll wait till i get my hands on a copy of the paper.
Relocate before but the tax would be within the next 12 months and I doubt that Shell would really want to get on the bad side of the Government because the Government could make life hell for them by lifting tax on petrol which they have to pay in the UK anyway no matter where you pay corporation tax. But like you said who cares as the paper is in the past and as long as both answers are justified they are just as good. Well done and good luck with your results Mike.
Reply 45
Yeah, GL to you too. I was merely interested, however i feel i'm merely simply confused now :p:

re-location is obviously impossible for Shell, it was just a stupid suggestion, so i could pick up some easy eval/analysis points. Let's not get concerned with the padantics of such an impossible feat, instead lets celebrate in the lunacy of a mark scheme which lets you write *******s!
Reply 46
woah lots of talk about an exam. lets just forget about it now - wooo business a level is now OVER!
ahh, this thread is bad for my health!

thought I did pretty okay, but a few people in my class forgot what a social audit was!

compared to some past papers it was brill (remember airbus anybody?!) though I found some of it hard to evaluatte properly and wrote a lot of bull****!

My teacher actually told me afterwards that that wasnt the paper we were supposed to have, the real one got leaked to the press, so we had the wonderful back up paper!

xx
Reply 48
A backup paper does not mean it is a harder paper. I personally have heard nothing about a leak, only rumours.
apprently they had the proper papers sent a while back and they were called back?
Who the **** grows up to be an exam invigilator is what I want to know.

Jamie you are kind of arrogant and pompous, there's no two ways about it. You might not want to be, but partner that photo of your profile with hand-on-chin pose and your posts and that's what you get mate.

Uhm, alright exam by the way, except I have got totally different answers to most people in here.
Reply 51
I think there is quite a range of answers people could have given. In business studies, there is often no right or wrong answer.. as long as you can justify what your saying and evalauate it and its in context then your fine (within reason obviously). Its not just about what you write - its about how you write. Don't worry if you haven't written the same answers cos it doesn't mean your answers are wrong.

I read on a markscheme that if a candidates answers don't match with the suggestions on the markscheme then the paper gets sent to the chief examiner to mark and to decide if its appropriate... so don't worry, I'm sure you all did fine. I didn't write half the things people on here have said but I'm not too bothered.. I did my best. I revised everything. Making decisions and thinking on the spot isnt something you can revise. More revision wouldn't have helped me with that so I'm pleased. I did my best!

Well done, its over :biggrin:

M xxx
Reply 52
Overall I thought it was a good paper, and it left a lot of room to bring in other bits of the syllabus. For question 5 did anyone else write that in the long term Shell are basically screwed unless they do serious research and development on finding new reserves of oil, and improving that ratio?

I'm also annoyed NOTHING on inflation, unemployment, economic growth, interest rates, monatary policy came up!! The only thing it touched on was fiscal policy!!

Also, isn't a social audit pretty much self explanatory?

I reaaally hope i got over 65%.. then I can get my A!! :smile:
yer but the question was asking about whetehr shareholders are guna be concernced, and they really only have short-term interests....
Depends if the majority are short-term or long-term investors. Yazmina I wrote about the need for R&D too. As Emm44 said as long as you justify your answer and use evidence from the case study you shouldnt worry about what other people have put down.
Reply 55
barry_4_england
yer but the question was asking about whetehr shareholders are guna be concernced, and they really only have short-term interests....

First.. not true,

Second I distinctly remember there being something about should they be worried about the future prospects of shell
Reply 56
Yazmina
First.. not true,

Second I distinctly remember there being something about should they be worried about the future prospects of shell

^^ Indeed

Latest

Trending

Trending