The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i thought there was a lot of overlap, i seemed 2 be repeating myself the whole way thru it! wat u think of it?
Reply 2
I thort it was rele vauge n u cud have jst waffled bout anythin rele. i wrote bout ethical n USP for basically evriting. Thort it was pretty easy tho.
Reply 3
yeah your the same as me, all my answers were the exact same practically. could have been alot worse
Reply 4
tougher than anything we practiced but i thought it went OK. could have been a lot worse had i not done some decent revison
Reply 5
tougher? i thot it couldnt really have got much easier. seriously
Twas alright imo. I agree about the repeating thing, as they're seemed to be pretty key parts of the casestudy e.g. the runnning out of oil reserves that could be applied to a few of the questions. The last question also seemed a bit simple, i think it could have been much harder.
Reply 7
i thot contingency planning would be on it for sure.
im just worried that ive dun krap cos i repeated myself so much throughout it
Repeated myself the whole way through, spent 30 mins on 1st question and had to rush the rest, wasn't sure what to evaluate and had hand cramp from 30 minutes onwards ... gonna till mum goes out tonight then will chuck myself down the stairs, it's the only way I'll learn.
My rundown.

1. Social Audits was pretty easy. How they increase brand value and stuff and how they can be used to combat government pressure for a windfall tax. How they could be USP for investment compared to BP.

2. Stakeholders. Again pretty easy… explain all the different stakeholders but who in the end the drive for profit significantly outweighs and conflicting interests with any other stakeholder less the government who can impose themselves on Shell.

3. Windfall tax. Baby this was amazing. Did anyone else spot the underlying ask for Contingency planning? Or was it just me???? Hehe I said they need to plan either higher prices and battle the Government with the risk of inflation seeing how big they are or retrench. I argued a chain reaction would occour if they raise price being the market leaders due to the Ped.

4. Hmmm self explanatory question just a paragraph on each method of intergration and explain advantages and disadvantages while evaluating the two words risk and reward.

5. Hmmm used the Appendix A to show how they are doing great but then went into the text to spot underlying problems like the ratio showed how BP are being more efficient with resources. Also noted how the increase in share price could indicate growth and could increase moral and investor confidence under the new structure. I also went onto comment on the fact that using the social audit and so on Shell could gain a USP and a better relationship with the government which could set them apart from BP.

Cheers
Jamie
Reply 10
Bit of an arogant tw*t but some pretty decent answers there Jamie Fletcher
Lol not arrogant **** just what I write and how I felt about lol last time I got told that was indeed honesty not arrogance hehe…

How can you not be confident this is after all Business Studies
Reply 12
why what other subjects do you do?
Law and History.
AS: A Law, A Bus, B History.
Felt A confident on half my papers so far this year and B/C/D on the rest.
Jamie_Fletcher
My rundown.

1. Social Audits was pretty easy. How they increase brand value and stuff and how they can be used to combat government pressure for a windfall tax. How they could be USP for investment compared to BP.

2. Stakeholders. Again pretty easy… explain all the different stakeholders but who in the end the drive for profit significantly outweighs and conflicting interests with any other stakeholder less the government who can impose themselves on Shell.

3. Windfall tax. Baby this was amazing. Did anyone else spot the underlying ask for Contingency planning? Or was it just me???? Hehe I said they need to plan either higher prices and battle the Government with the risk of inflation seeing how big they are or retrench. I argued a chain reaction would occour if they raise price being the market leaders due to the Ped.

4. Hmmm self explanatory question just a paragraph on each method of intergration and explain advantages and disadvantages while evaluating the two words risk and reward.

5. Hmmm used the Appendix A to show how they are doing great but then went into the text to spot underlying problems like the ratio showed how BP are being more efficient with resources. Also noted how the increase in share price could indicate growth and could increase moral and investor confidence under the new structure. I also went onto comment on the fact that using the social audit and so on Shell could gain a USP and a better relationship with the government which could set them apart from BP.

Cheers
Jamie

Wow yours is sssooo similar to what i wrote, excellent. I dont understand how people reckon your arrogant because my answers were similar. I think you summed up the whole exam perfectly. :smile:

I am quietly confident about my exam paper and i think the couldnt be much nicer but could of been definetly worse. I mean what was difficult on that paper 2day?
Reply 15
think i did ok. was a tough paper. i am just hoping that alot of people didn't do well to push the grade boundaries down. but went better as i got into it.
Reply 16
I think it was a toughish paper. I reckon i did alright overall... U are a bit arrogant, but then again you do have the good points down n as I do u shud feel proud of yourself. More emphasis is on evaulation though... what kind of evaluation did people write? I didn't find that some of the issues could be argued against really (oil reserves etc)
Reply 17
I wouldnt say arrogant just good at the subject.

Unit 6 annoys me becasue if they dont ask me a direct quesiton i get easily confused there shouldnt be all this underlying question rubbish.

Qu.5 was nice but i rushed it a bit. Qu.3 i didnt write about contingency planning just went on about how they could avoid tax by reducing there profit, social responsibility etc.
Reply 18
It's not what he wrote, but how he wrote it :p: (Not that i think you're arrogant however)

Was a fairly easy paper to be perfectly frank. My answers were fairly similar to Jamie's.

Question 5, "Also noted how the increase in share price could indicate growth and could increase moral and investor confidence under the new structure." Got that to a tee. :smile:

For question 4, i mentioned diseconomies of scale in relation to comms, organisation etc.. that being a problem for Shell, which was mentioned in the study.

Question 3, i mentioned contingency planning, mentioned possible relocation;- only so i could evaluate points easier. I really should watch my time more so!

Question 2, i drew pretty much the same conclusion, only said it was up to Shell to prioritize the different interests depending on the current economic, political and social climate...

Question 1, I mentioned the detremental effect if social audit contradicted Shells 'principles' + the stuff Jamie said.
Yeh I did that for evaluation in question 1 and based me evaluation on what you did for question 5 but forgot about re-location in question 3 damn lol... question 4 I did include diseconomies of scale as well... Bang! Bang!

HeHe

Latest

Trending

Trending