The Student Room Group

Why do girls/women love older guys so much?

What is it about older men that get women hot 'n' flustered?
It's all relative of course; 19 is older to a 15 year old. 28 is older to a 19 year old.
Is it a sense of drama?
it can't be just 'maturity'. Doesn't a man a younger womans age have more virility?
Is it just daddy issues?
What is it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maturity, confidence, wealth, even looks, I think it's usually thought that men look best mid twenties to early thirties.
Reply 2
Older men are more mature? I don't think so. You'd be surprised on just how many cheat despite having a wife and children at home. More than 50% easily. Even the women in workplaces are cheating with fellow co workers. I know this because I've read the texts when configuring security for companies, which involves routing text messages.

Given the chance, majority of people cheat. Simple as that. I even know women who said they would never cheat and yet they are sleeping with a co worker LOL. I think a lot of the little girls on here are in for a big surprise when they grow up. They're too naive at the moment.
Reply 3
They are tired of the boys that have messed them about to date. And simply want a real man.
I recently realised what the reason could be from an evolutionary perspective. In the old days men used to go out fighting and most died young, the ones that survived and came back were obviously not only more experienced but could protect their loved ones better than those less experienced. It would also explain why scars are considered attractive on men.
Reply 5
Ive never gotten the older man thing. Ive always preferred guys around my own age, as do most of my friends actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Emotional maturity and more likely to be in a position where they are safe and secure in their life thus with greater potential for supporting the girl/woman.
Original post by Freier._.lance
I recently realised what the reason could be from an evolutionary perspective. In the old days men used to go out fighting and most died young, the ones that survived and came back were obviously not only more experienced but could protect their loved ones better than those less experienced. It would also explain why scars are considered attractive on men.

Bingo.

With a dash of:

Original post by nicatre
Emotional maturity and more likely to be in a position where they are safe and secure in their life thus with greater potential for supporting the girl/woman.
Reply 8
Experience. Been a fantasy of mine for ages.
Reply 9
Original post by cartman
Older men are more mature? I don't think so. You'd be surprised on just how many cheat despite having a wife and children at home. More than 50% easily. Even the women in workplaces are cheating with fellow co workers. I know this because I've read the texts when configuring security for companies, which involves routing text messages.

Given the chance, majority of people cheat. Simple as that. I even know women who said they would never cheat and yet they are sleeping with a co worker LOL. I think a lot of the little girls on here are in for a big surprise when they grow up. They're too naive at the moment.

LOL im sure this crap goes in my office all day

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get the impression from conversations I have had that it is not so much older men, but men older than say their mid twenties, as teenage men and those in their early twenties are felt to be immature.
Original post by nicatre

They why do women complain "all he wants to do is stay at home".
Many questions here ask "My boyfriend doesn't even want to try the new restaurant. What should I do?"

They want maturity when young, adventure when old. Can't win.
Original post by meenu89
Experience. Been a fantasy of mine for ages.

Experience in what?

look at athletes. They fall about once 30 something. No older man will have the same energy as a teenager or 20 something.

How is your relationship with your father?
Original post by cartman

I think you're right. Explains the negative thumbs down.

Who would you say cheats more. Men or women? I say women.
(edited 10 years ago)
From an additional evolutionary perspective: older women become infertile. Men don't.
Reply 15
Probably for reasons already stated.

I've never really understood it though, because I've only ever been attracted to men my own age. I don't think I've ever been attracted to a guy that's significantly older than me (e.g. 5 years+ older).
Reply 16
Original post by Queen_Victoria
Experience in what?

look at athletes. They fall about once 30 something. No older man will have the same energy as a teenager or 20 something.

How is your relationship with your father?

Honestly you think having sex is like a 100m sprint?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Older men (who have not just graduated from uni) usually have a car, are in a secure job, have their own place, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love older men (35-45) because they have a lot of charisma and make great conversationalists. They offer more stability comparing to much younger guys who are usually busy chasing girls while they still can.
In difficult times, they tend to be more calm and supportive, as they have already been through such things in previous relationships.
As they're an older generation, they're more polite (for me this is a turn on).
They don't talk about video games or the latest X-men movie. I could go on and on
Reply 19
Original post by tiny golden key
I love older men (35-45) because they have a lot of charisma and make great conversationalists. They offer more stability comparing to much younger guys who are usually busy chasing girls while they still can.
In difficult times, they tend to be more calm and supportive, as they have already been through such things in previous relationships.
As they're an older generation, they're more polite (for me this is a turn on).
They don't talk about video games or the latest X-men movie. I could go on and on

Not necessarily. Depends on class, upbringing, etc. in my area the 35-45s are some of the worst conversationalists around. It's all football, etc. Plus I'm 25 and I dont talk about video games. I don't even own a console anymore.

Maybe it's because the older guys are from another generation where men were men and women were women (if you know what I mean)? Rightly so, social norms are being challenged today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending