Reply 1
There is no poll here?:confused:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
sexysax
There is no poll here?:confused:

It posted before i added the poll :p: I was making it as it apparently posted :rolleyes: You were to quick for me :p:
Reply 3
Ah, you're the 3rd person today to say I'm too quick, hey ho :biggrin: .
Reply 4
I voted Northern England, because that's where I have lived for 10 years, however, I was originally born in Wales, but I class myself as half Welsh, half English...if that is possible.... :rolleyes:
Reply 5
w00t someone voted south east england :biggrin: I am so gonna show my mum this :p: When i get more results that is :biggrin:
Reply 6
I'm at home now and will be until Freshers Week.

Oh my, there are loads of English people there! Out of say 20 friends of mine only 1 is Welsh!!! Out of a Music dept of say 200 there are about 20 Welsh people!!! It is definitely NOT over populated with Welsh students!!!
Reply 7
sexysax
I'm at home now and will be until Freshers Week.

Oh my, there are loads of English people there! Out of say 20 friends of mine only 1 is Welsh!!! Out of a Music dept of say 200 there are about 20 Welsh people!!! It is definitely NOT over populated with Welsh students!!!

Your finished for the year, im jealous :p:

Well thats one thing i can say to my mum :biggrin: Then its just the travel, she doesnt like the idea that im like 6 hours away :p: But i want freedom :p: :biggrin: Just got to get her to see this :s:
Reply 8
At least 5 of my closest friends are from down South. If you pick train times carefully, there are Virgin trains going from Bangor that get to the London area in bout 3 hours!
Reply 9
I hope I'll be going to Bangor in september! I'm from the midlands but my dad is welsh :biggrin:
Reply 10
sexysax
At least 5 of my closest friends are from down South. If you pick train times carefully, there are Virgin trains going from Bangor that get to the London area in bout 3 hours!

When you say careful times what do you mean? Like day times im assuming? My mum may be seeing this thread :p:
Reply 11
Helen_w
I hope I'll be going to Bangor in september! I'm from the midlands but my dad is welsh :biggrin:

Oooo so you are from england as well although half welsh, my mum is thinking i will be on my own, she reckons im gonna be the lone english person :p: My head of year agrees :rolleyes: None of them know about Bangor though so cant really comment :p:
Reply 12
~NC~
When you say careful times what do you mean? Like day times im assuming? My mum may be seeing this thread :p:

Well, not every single train going is a Virgin one and goes really fast. So yes, I would presume that a normal daytime hour you could get a fairly fast train. They might not run as frequently at weekends or late hours. It is easy enough to check though, and one of my friends from Watford goes home a lot, well not a lot, not like every weekend, but she never moans about the travel.
Reply 13
~NC~
Oooo so you are from england as well although half welsh, my mum is thinking i will be on my own, she reckons im gonna be the lone english person :p: My head of year agrees :rolleyes: None of them know about Bangor though so cant really comment :p:

Stuff them!:p:

I can't emphasise this enough, there are LOADS LOADS LOADS of ONLY English people there!!!
Reply 14
sexysax
Well, not every single train going is a Virgin one and goes really fast. So yes, I would presume that a normal daytime hour you could get a fairly fast train. They might not run as frequently at weekends or late hours. It is easy enough to check though, and one of my friends from Watford goes home a lot, well not a lot, not like every weekend, but she never moans about the travel.

Hmmm thats good to know, i guess my mum is afriad to lose me, i dont think she realises i need to have a say in where i go :p: She is on war path to send me to a london uni so i can come home each night :rolleyes: That way im gonna have no socail life and not enjoy myself, i really have got to make her see my side :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the advice by the way :p:
Reply 15
100% Devonian lol.
Reply 16
~NC~
Hmmm thats good to know, i guess my mum is afriad to lose me, i dont think she realises i need to have a say in where i go :p: She is on war path to send me to a london uni so i can come home each night :rolleyes: That way im gonna have no socail life and not enjoy myself, i really have got to make her see my side :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the advice by the way :p:

No problem. Going away from home is such a good idea when you go to uni. You learn to live your life how you want it and you gain so much independance. I know so many people who either stayed at home and travelled to uni etc and ended up quitting and regret not moving away because they missed out on things and didn't feel part of it. In some situations, being involved with uni social things isn't a problem even if you live at home, but sometimes it does and I don't think it's worth the risk. You might as well move away, to a fab place, which is not over crowded with Welsh people (and what is wrong with them anyway) and you'll be amongst friends :biggrin: .
Reply 17
sexysax
Stuff them!:p:

I can't emphasise this enough, there are LOADS LOADS LOADS of ONLY English people there!!!

Thats easy to say but when they are on your back 24/7 its hard :p: Well my mum is, head of year isnt, she only started today :eek: I walked into my geog lesson with her, she was like why wales, i was like why not :p:

My mum is so gonna see this sentance shortly, well this thread :biggrin:
Reply 18
sexysax
No problem. Going away from home is such a good idea when you go to uni. You learn to live your life how you want it and you gain so much independance. I know so many people who either stayed at home and travelled to uni etc and ended up quitting and regret not moving away because they missed out on things and didn't feel part of it. In some situations, being involved with uni social things isn't a problem even if you live at home, but sometimes it does and I don't think it's worth the risk. You might as well move away, to a fab place, which is not over crowded with Welsh people (and what is wrong with them anyway) and you'll be amongst friends :biggrin: .

Yer this is so true :smile: No one in my family has ever gone to uni so my mum is very protective about it, she doesnt want me to leave. Me however wants a life to live, cos at the moment i live a very sheltered one, i go out with my friends but dont drink, i cant go out to certain places cos my mum wont let me, i just want a normal life, uni is a perfect oppurtunity. Id never ever want to stay at home whilst at uni, that would take so much of the fun away :s:
Reply 19
magnad
100% Devonian lol.

w00t, go south of England :biggrin:
This thread goes to show my mum and teacher had no idea about Bangor :p:

Latest