The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sexysax
The only person on this thread who could be biased is me! I have not rigged all those votes and am not lying about where I said my friends were from! It's all self explanatory, Bangor is not full of ignorant Welsh people as a lot of people believe - far from it :biggrin: .

Well you do go to Bangor so tis fair, but meh you love it so who cares :p:
Well thats good :p:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
dani_88
Its very diverse from what i remember.. Theres lots of english - it was really funny when i stayed with my boyfriend because they all took the mickey out of each others accents :biggrin: They come from all over the place! Obviously your gonna get some welsh but i think especially this year theres going to be a lot a lot a lot a lot of english because of the top up fees! :smile:

That applies till 07 entry does it not? We still have to pay only £1200 whilst rest of england has to pay £3000 :biggrin: Which is a bonus :p:
Reply 42
If, after the open day, you love the place, you think the course is right, and the area is fab etc then really there shouldn't be any choice. Go to other uni's, you must do that and see what you think of them.

At the end of the day though, it's YOU not your mum whose education and life this is, and YOU who has to make the decision. I knew Bangor was right for me the moment I looked at the prospectus, and my views were just confirmed when I visited. Even if you choose to say go to Edinburgh, it doesn't matter, if that is where you want to go - just using that as an example. It's not how close you are to home, it's how much you love a uni and how good the course suits you.
Reply 43
~NC~
Well you do go to Bangor so tis fair, but meh you love it so who cares :p:
Well thats good :p:

I do go to Bangor, but if it really was awful then I'd tell you! I'm not about to ruin someone's uni life by telling them to look at a uni that's awful!
Reply 44
It was the open day that impressed me! I was unsure because i was worried about what everyone would think of me, because my boyfriends here and i didnt want them to think i was only going because of that..but id visited once and liked it so i applied and the languages open day i was so impressed by, the 4th years were lovely and the lecturers were really nice and i chatted to everyone :biggrin:
Reply 45
sexysax
I do go to Bangor, but if it really was awful then I'd tell you! I'm not about to ruin someone's uni life by telling them to look at a uni that's awful!

Im glad to see you have an honest opinion :p: I can see that it is great, i just cant wait to see it on the open day :biggrin:
Reply 46
~NC~
That applies till 07 entry does it not? We still have to pay only £1200 whilst rest of england has to pay £3000 :biggrin: Which is a bonus :p:

They can put it up for 07 entry, but I think they have the choice too, which means even if they do put it up, it might not be as much as the English universities are charging.
Reply 47
~NC~
Im glad to see you have an honest opinion :p: I can see that it is great, i just cant wait to see it on the open day :biggrin:

Yeah, as I said, such a shame I won't be there, but myself and Helen will be in Portugal!!

Here is some info about Welsh fees : http://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/fees_2006.php.en?catid=&subid=1827
Reply 48
sexysax
If, after the open day, you love the place, you think the course is right, and the area is fab etc then really there shouldn't be any choice. Go to other uni's, you must do that and see what you think of them.

At the end of the day though, it's YOU not your mum whose education and life this is, and YOU who has to make the decision. I knew Bangor was right for me the moment I looked at the prospectus, and my views were just confirmed when I visited. Even if you choose to say go to Edinburgh, it doesn't matter, if that is where you want to go - just using that as an example. It's not how close you are to home, it's how much you love a uni and how good the course suits you.

I am going to visit other open days, definatly swansea and possibly southampton.
Yer i agree with that, as after all im spending 3/4 years of my life there :biggrin: I also feel in love with it from the prospectus, even from the prospectus i can feel friendleness and an excellent place radiating from the pages :p: It just looks so nice :biggrin:
*daydreams*
Do you have any pictures of accomodation, or the uni other than ones on the website? I would be grateful if you did :biggrin: I cant wait, open day is too long away :p:
Reply 49
sexysax
They can put it up for 07 entry, but I think they have the choice too, which means even if they do put it up, it might not be as much as the English universities are charging.

Dam i thought it was for my year entry aswell :p: Yer the english are charing extortinate prices, £3000 :p: I hope Bangor doesnt go up to that much :eek:
Thanks for the link :biggrin: I shall read :p:
Reply 50
What course do you want to do nc?
Reply 51
dani_88
What course do you want to do nc?

Zoology or zoology with marine zoology. The course looks really quite interesting :biggrin:
Reply 52
I think I do have some pics somewhere and I can easily get hold of some, not now though. I am supposed to be gonig out in a bit and instead of getting ready I am on here, so I best go, I will answer any more questions later if sailing isn't cancelled!

Bye for now!
Reply 53
~NC~
Zoology or zoology with marine zoology. The course looks really quite interesting :biggrin:

Then bangors a very good choice! Isnt bangor really good for all that kind of stuff and for psychology too?
Reply 54
sexysax
I think I do have some pics somewhere and I can easily get hold of some, not now though. I am supposed to be gonig out in a bit and instead of getting ready I am on here, so I best go, I will answer any more questions later if sailing isn't cancelled!

Bye for now!

Oooo thankyou very much id be very grateful if you could send me some :biggrin:
Have fun going out/sailing, im sure you will. And thankyou for all the help/advice, its been great :biggrin:
Byeeee :ciao:
Reply 55
dani_88
Then bangors a very good choice! Isnt bangor really good for all that kind of stuff and for psychology too?

It seems like a good uni as far as i can see, and it seems in an ideal location for all that kind of stuff aswell. By Snowdonia and the menai straits :smile:
Reply 56
~NC~

Well, i am hopefully going to be doing Marine Biology! I was really impressed by the School of Ocean Sciences, Plymouth was really scummy compared to Bangor!
Reply 57
Lofty
Well, i am hopefully going to be doing Marine Biology! I was really impressed by the School of Ocean Sciences, Plymouth was really scummy compared to Bangor!

Oooo very nice :p: Bangor just sound slike a great place :smile:

I really dont see what my mum has against Bangor, i really have no idea :frown: But all i know is that she didnt care about this thread and just ende dup screaming at me, i swear its a wonder i havent left home and gone abroad, im so bloody tempted :frown:
Reply 58
Aww :hugs: I know exactly how you feel. Sailing wasn't on, and neither am I in the mood to find pics, I'll do it tomorrow I promise.

:smile:
Reply 59
Thanls :hugs:
Awww sorry sailing wasnt on :hugs: And dont worry bout the pics, they can wait :p: After all i am going to have to wait before i coem to university :wink: A year :frown: How long :p: I dont think i can make it :eek:

Latest