The Student Room Group

Cambridge medicine

Hi I'm in year 11 and I have to submit my A Level Choices in. I hope to study medicine at Cambridge and three A level choices are Biology Chemistry Maths. For my fourth, I am deliberating between Physics, Spanish, and History. I don't really mind that much which I do but which do you think may be more impressive for an application?
(My other uni choices are unknown at the moment I'm thinking Imperial; not sure about the other two). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ledyaisthebest
Hi I'm in year 11 and I have to submit my A Level Choices in. I hope to study medicine at Cambridge and three A level choices are Biology Chemistry Maths. For my fourth, I am deliberating between Physics, Spanish, and History. I don't really mind that much which I do but which do you think may be more impressive for an application?
(My other uni choices are unknown at the moment I'm thinking Imperial; not sure about the other two). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't matter at this point: you've got your 3 "science" A-levels, so pick whichever of the 3 you'll enjoy the most. Genuinely, none of those 3 will provide you with an advantage on your application. :smile:

UCL like to see a "contrasting" subject (like a language or a humanity) at A-level, but they're the only uni with that sort of preference. For all the other medical schools, it seriously doesn't matter!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Doesn't matter at this point: you've got your 3 "science" A-levels, so pick whichever of the 3 you'll enjoy the most. Genuinely, none of those 3 will provide you with an advantage on your application. :smile:

UCL like to see a "contrasting" subject (like a language or a humanity) at A-level, but they're the only uni with that sort of preference. For all the other medical schools, it seriously doesn't matter!

OKay thank you really helpful! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending