The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bump :K:
anybody? :frown:
Reply 3
I would like to know this, too.
Reply 4
I think it should be fine. Expires I think at the middle of the day or the end. Have a test run before meeting up with friends to see if you need to buy a temporary oyster beforehand.

EDIT: forgot to say you can still use the oyster for (I think) up to a year after it expires as a normal oyster card. So you wouldn't have to rebuy. Just top up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
If it expires on the 30th, then to me that means it would expire at the end of the day on the 30th but who knows :dontknow:
Reply 6
Probably at midnight on the 30th (so at the end of the expiration day) but just to be safe, make sure you have enough money with you to pay the fares if it does expire.
Reply 7
such a sad day tomorrow, 8 odd years using free buses coming to an end:frown:

have to pay £16.00 for a weekly travelcard. and I usually try to spend under £35 a week.
Reply 8
I'm not sure many people here will know the answer; that's quite a specific question!

All you can do is try it, but expect to pay higher just in case :p:
Reply 9
last year I remember it working for a couple more days after the 30th on buses, and I think I heard there's a few days grace period where you can use it on the tube and stuff if you still have money on it (but you can't top it up). Check the tfl website to be sure?
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Sadly my Zip 16-18 oyster card which gives me free travel on buses expires tomorrow (30th September 2013) :frown: However I am meant to be meeting some friends tomorrow. Would my card expire at midnight tonight or would it expire at midnight on 30th September (tomorrow)?

You will be fine - they always expire at midnight on the stated day. Be careful though if you are staying out late and catching a tube or bus that you get off after midnight. You can start a journey before midnight but be caught out at a tube station if you wave out on the machine after midnight. :smile:
Reply 11
I'm staying in college/sixth form for another year. Does that mean I get free bus travel for one more year. Also how can I get hold of the application form, can someone send me a link. how long does it take for the oyster to come aswell Thanks in advance
Original post by Fullofsurprises
You will be fine - they always expire at midnight on the stated day. Be careful though if you are staying out late and catching a tube or bus that you get off after midnight. You can start a journey before midnight but be caught out at a tube station if you wave out on the machine after midnight. :smile:

Ah ok thank you :redface:
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Ah ok thank you :redface:

I think they expire at 4.30 the day after.
Original post by Alex17595
I think they expire at 4.30 the day after.

Isn't that for season tickets? I think it varies according to which travel card. It's probably best to check on the TFL website against your card, I tried a quick search but couldn't locate the relevant resource.
Definitely expires at the end of the day. I used it today on purpose as a test to see whether it'd work and if the rates are the same and it did and the rates were the same so there we go! :smile:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Isn't that for season tickets? I think it varies according to which travel card. It's probably best to check on the TFL website against your card, I tried a quick search but couldn't locate the relevant resource.

Here you go

Aha, that's useful. :cool: It sounds like it's supposed to last till 04.30 but sometimes throws up problems.
Its been a crazy journey, through all the best and worst. For what it's worth RIP Free Oyster Travel.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeah it expires at midnight, but sometimes it can work for upto 3 days after that if you're lucky depending on the day it expires

Latest

Trending

Trending