The Student Room Group

help!!!!!!!!!!!!( urgent careers advice needed)

I am a newcomer to this forum and I am kindly requesting for some helpful advice. Currently, I am awaiting my A-level results and I am preparing to do a degree in economics.

I have been doing 2 A-levels (Economics And Geography) and one AS level (Maths) and hopefully I will get an As in the 2 A levels but I am unlikely to get above a C in maths. I have been accepted into SOAS(firm) and essex(insurance). I really want to succeed and have the motvtion to do so but a bad turn in the beginning of my A-levels has left me in an awkward position to excel in my life.

Is there any short term and long term careers advice that anyone can provide please?
Reply 1
What are your offers?
Reply 2
vir
OP
300 points for SOAS and 240 for essex
Reply 3
What exactly are you wanting to know?
Reply 4
vir
300 points for SOAS and 240 for essex

Have you already got an A level, because AAc is only 280 points (120 + 120 + 40)
im sure ull be fine, soas will probably take you since they are a small uni they shuffle people through to different courses if you dramatically miss the grades
Reply 6
vir
OP
Thanks for your advice you guys. Really the main reason for my request was to get further information on how I can further my career and do much more to ensure I get a job as an economist after I finish my degree.

If you have any more ideas that could be helpful.:confused:
Reply 7
Do an extra A level when ur at university. If you want to be a professional economist you will need to sharpen your maths skills. Those on BA courses dont need too much maths and extra classes are usually put on to help.

Latest

Trending

Trending