The Student Room Group

Not sure how to deal with this.

So basically I've had nothing but trouble with SF.
I went to enrol and got told that they had no info from SF for me, so I showed them my confirmation letter and they had to manually confirm my place and details, I sat and watched them do it so I know it was done.
Days went by, no student finance, so I rang SF and was told that my uni didn't confirm my place (they did, I watched them do it) so then they said they'd have to re add me and get my uni to re confirm my place. I went to uni and they tried to re add me but it wouldn't let them because they'd already done it before. SF are useless, it's not my uni's fault (they've been really helpful and nice) but I don't really know where to go from here, SF just told me to keep getting my uni to try.
Anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pixielefrench
So basically I've had nothing but trouble with SF.
I went to enrol and got told that they had no info from SF for me, so I showed them my confirmation letter and they had to manually confirm my place and details, I sat and watched them do it so I know it was done.
Days went by, no student finance, so I rang SF and was told that my uni didn't confirm my place (they did, I watched them do it) so then they said they'd have to re add me and get my uni to re confirm my place. I went to uni and they tried to re add me but it wouldn't let them because they'd already done it before. SF are useless, it's not my uni's fault (they've been really helpful and nice) but I don't really know where to go from here, SF just told me to keep getting my uni to try.
Anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get your universities finance team to phone the student finance HEI number, whilst you're sitting there.
Computer systems at both ends. Why are you so sure it is the fault of SFE?
Reply 3
Because I sat and watched the screen when they confirmed my place, it wet through fine.
My uni are phoning then this afternoon to see if they can do it over the phone.
I can't fault SFs helpfulness though, they've tried helping as best they can. It's just really frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pixielefrench
Because I sat and watched the screen when they confirmed my place, it wet through fine.
My uni are phoning then this afternoon to see if they can do it over the phone.
I can't fault SFs helpfulness though, they've tried helping as best they can. It's just really frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had this issue previously, and it turned out it was actually the university, not SF. However, both are computerised so it could be at either end.

So long as they phone the HEI team at SF, then your university can be walked through the process of what to do. Once they've done that they can both figure out what is going wrong, and where :smile: Hope it gets sorted for you.

Note that you'll have to be there when they call. As you have to give permission for your university to talk to them.
Reply 5
So apparently because I did an open uni course it's messed up my student finance. Fair enough, my own fault right? I applied back in March and got all my confirmation through in July, they didn't think to tell me that my application had messed up then?? No it took my uni phoning them for them to tell me the problem. I have spent all weekend on the phone to them and they didn't even tell me then?! I am beyond angry. I'm facing having to drop out because if it doesn't get sorted in the next few weeks I don't have the money to carry on studying. I am so upset right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending