The Student Room Group

Oh god - huge Physics dilemma

Hi - any help would be massively appreciated.

I was planning on self teaching the whole of A level physics (4 written exams + 2 practical exams), and have just contacted my school about sitting these exams privately.

They have said that they would be happy for me to sit the written exams but will not accept my for the practical exams, which account for 20% of the a level, making it virtually impossible to achieve an A grade that i was aiming for.

Are there ANY colleges or schools that will allow me to sit these exams at a non ridiculous cost (i.e under £400 for BOTH the AS and A2?!)

Thanks !!
Reply 1
Even more expensive options i will consider if anyone knows of anywhere!!
Reply 2
:frown:
Original post by physicso
:frown:

Hey, I believe that some of the more expensive private colleges sometimes allow this sort of thing. A year or two ago I was planning to do the same thing and I got in touch with Campbell Harris college, which ran two weeks of practical sessions for people self studying physics (it had to be with Edexcel though). It was expensive, but it might be something worth checking out :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by physicso
Are there ANY colleges or schools that will allow me to sit these exams at a non ridiculous cost (i.e under £400 for BOTH the AS and A2?!)

Yes, the crap schools who aren't interested in you as a learner who get Ofsted reports of 'fail, fail, fail'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending