The Student Room Group

1st driving test tomorrow - bad driving lesson today

Have my first driving lesson virtually first thing, and I must say I'm not feeling very confident. Must have had 40 hours of lessons now but the last 10 have just been crawling home from work in slow traffic.

I had a 2 hour lesson today and really struggled with the reverse round corner. Just couldn't control it at all and kept forgetting to observe. The other 3 are okay; so I guess I need to pray I don't get that one.

I also still struggle on roundabouts ie. don't position myself right/indicate at the proper time. Can I fail on that alone?

Man, this is stressful :frown:
Reply 1
EDIT: Ah, just realised you posted 20 hrs ago :colondollar: ... hope it went well!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hope it went well for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Passed with 7 minors!!
Original post by tinman1
Passed with 7 minors!!

Well done:yy:
Reply 5
Original post by pinda.college
Well done:yy:

Thanks!!
Reply 6
Well done .

I've got one more lesson before my test next week . The problem is i have done plenty of 'turn in the roads' but not much of Parallel Parking or reversing around a corner . Got one more lesson to practice .Its these 3 you can get in your test isent it?

What move did you get?
Reply 7
Original post by Delboy139
Well done .

I've got one more lesson before my test next week . The problem is i have done plenty of 'turn in the roads' but not much of Parallel Parking or reversing around a corner . Got one more lesson to practice .Its these 3 you can get in your test isent it?

What move did you get?

you get 1 of those 3 as well as the emergency stop or park in a bay, i think

luckily for me i got the easiest manourvers which were turn in the road and emergency stop
Reply 8
Well done .

What move did you get?

Turn in the road is the easiest one by a mile so you'll be in trouble if you get one of the others as there's a lot more accuracy involved, and there's a 3 in 4 chance you will!

There's reverse round corner which I sucked at, reverse bay park which I got on my test, and the parallel park.

I practised all of them far more than the turn in the road because I had that down quickly, sounds like your instructor wants you to fail to get more lessons out of you if you've barely practised the 3 hardest manoeuvres and you still don't understand how the test works.

Good luck man.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by niceguy95
you get 1 of those 3 as well as the emergency stop or park in a bay, i think

luckily for me i got the easiest manourvers which were turn in the road and emergency stop

Lol how did you not even understand the test before you took the test?!

You get one manoeuvre out of bay park, parallel park, turn in the road or reverse round corner. There's a 1 in 3 chance of being asked to perform an emergency stop (so actually you weren't all that lucky ad it's just an extra thing you can possibly fail on)
Original post by tinman1

You get one manoeuvre out of bay park, parallel park, turn in the road or reverse round corner. There's a 1 in 3 chance of being asked to perform an emergency stop (so actually you weren't all that lucky ad it's just an extra thing you can possibly fail on)

meh, i passed first time round with 2 minors, thats all the matters :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by tinman1

Bay parking? Instructor has never mentioned this :cool: I practiced parallel parking today and not too shabby at it . Though reverse round a corner is was a challenge . Any tips for this?

Test this week:frown::eek:
Reply 12
Bay parking? Instructor has never mentioned this :cool: I practiced parallel parking today and not too shabby at it . Though reverse round a corner is was a challenge . Any tips for this?

Test this week:frown::eek:

No tips really as I suck at the reverse round corner! But wow you really need to practise the bay park, and the others loads more. How many more hours have you got booked before your test?
Bay parking? Instructor has never mentioned this

What..? Have a stern word with your instructor, that's pretty much inexcusable. I'd go so far as to say they haven't made sure you're test-ready if they haven't taught you bay park skills.
Reply 14
Original post by tinman1
No tips really as I suck at the reverse round corner! But wow you really need to practise the bay park, and the others loads more. How many more hours have you got booked before your test?

I have 2 hours of lesson before test , test is this week . :s-smilie:
Original post by Fjarskafinn
What..? Have a stern word with your instructor, that's pretty much inexcusable. I'd go so far as to say they haven't made sure you're test-ready if they haven't taught you bay park skills.

I don't think every test centre does bay packing during the test so that might be why it wasn't mentioned.. The centre I did my first test at didn't require it (probably because it was beside a train station and would be too busy).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by DarkMagic
I don't think every test centre does bay packing during the test so that might be why it wasn't mentioned.. The centre I did my first test at didn't require it (probably because it was beside a train station and would be too busy).

My test centre is at Halfords so not too sure , better to reverse in before test :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending