The Student Room Group

What's the best looking city in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

EXETER!!!
Norwich gets my vote. Very clean city.
Edinburgh for sure.
Reply 83
Original post by Lumos
Bath, Lincoln, Truro, Oxford.... cant choose!

I like cities that are a bit higgledy biggledy and feel more like villages.

The sort of cities that look nice, but it wouldn't like to live in.

Nightlife in those sort of cities are often crap. I mean compare Edinburgh nightlife to Glasgow nightlife

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by datpiff
The sort of cities that look nice, but it wouldn't like to live in.

Nightlife in those sort of cities are often crap. I mean compare Edinburgh nightlife to Glasgow nightlife

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh, I agree completely. for students places like bristol, london, manchester and birmingham would be much better. however I'm not too bothered about nightlife, I prefer 'retirement towns' as I call them... they're so peaceful :colondollar:
Reply 85
Another vote for Bath here :smile:
Reply 86
Another vote for Cambridge... I'm totally and utterly not biased... :colondollar:
Original post by ChrissM
Grangetown, Middlesbrough? That's got to be one of the worst places in the country...

There must be something about the name, I was meaning Grangetown in Cardiff but after a quick google they look strikingly similar..
Reply 88
Original post by 2scotty
It's going to be biased, but it's got everything on your doorstep, and it is, and always will be, home to me...

BRISTOL :wink:

Picture I took for college. The Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol :smile:

EDIT: If I couldn't say my own city... I'd say Cardiff.

lovely picture :smile:
Salisbury
Joking, it's hideous.
I haven't been to loads of UK cities, but of the ones I have visited, Durham is probably the prettiest. In fact, I think the view of the castle and cathedral from a train travelling into Durham might almost single-handedly win it that title. :sogood: Newcastle has many pretty areas, too, but not as high a proportion of them as Durham, which is perhaps to be expected as the latter is much smaller.
York!

Although Edinburgh and London are great :biggrin:
Reply 92
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
London. Obvious but it really is stunning.

No it's not.

Edit: Yes it has very nice parts, but mostly it is really run down.
York is pretty.
York
Original post by danny111
No it's not.

Edit: Yes it has very nice parts, but mostly it is really run down.

It depends what you mean. If you mean on average, then probably not London - Bath perhaps; but it you are asking which has the most beautiful parts, then I stand by London,
Reply 96
Edinburgh, Harrogate and Lancaster.
Reply 97
I'm obliged to say Cardiff, but Bath is beautiful.
Bath, it's got the most beautiful composition of building possible, no other city has the same concurrent theme running throughout it.

Plus it's in a basin, so on fireworks night everyone gets to share each others fireworks, no other city offers that
It's a shame Dorset has no cities otherwise...

Come on, Durdle Door is gorgeous.

Quick Reply

Latest