The Student Room Group

I feel attached to my old flat.

Perhaps a little different from most of the recent threads in here, but I wondered if anyone felt the same way.

I don't think I have ever felt about a building... a place like this before, not even my current actual home. I lived in the same flat for a few years, with different combinations of people, and my flatmates last year in particular were just stellar, I miss them already. In that flat lie both good and bad memories, with the majority of the good ones being made last year :tongue:

I am almost definitely an unreliable narrator in this case, but my flat was almost magical. Like Sheldon's spot, my big chair was (0,0,0,0) for me. Perfect draft from the window to the landing. I could watch the hustle and bustle below from my window, sit on my rug and go on my laptop, watch the sky change colour in the small hours from my (other!) window. At night I had the whole floor to myself and it was just brilliant. And it was just the right distance from everything.

I've been past my old flat twice in the last few days, and I've seen the light on in the kitchen. I think I even saw my old tea towel hanging in the window. I almost wanted to bang on the door and ask who was in my flat, and make them let me in so I could sit on my bed and watch Breaking Bad on my TV.

Of course, it's not my flat any more. All my old flatmates have graduated and there is nothing left there for me.

:moon:
I miss my house from last year too :sadnod: Especially when I had to collect the post, and I had to knock on the door to get in, some stranger opened the door to my house :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
I miss my house from last year too :sadnod: Especially when I had to collect the post, and I had to knock on the door to get in, some stranger opened the door to my house :frown:

I can't say I know that feel, it must have been hard :console:
Reply 3
Overheard someone say they missed their old house too, it feels (almost) good that I'm not alone feeling like this. :tongue:
Not quite the same but I miss halls from first year and living on campus. Such good memories.
Reply 5
Memories. :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending