Scroll to see replies

is it binary?
Reply 2
Wat?
First one B?
Original post by Ndella
Wat?

Sorry accidentaly negged you when closing the picture on my phone :frown:
is the pattern left to right or right to left? I have a feeling the answer is D.
Reply 6
Original post by Davelittle
Sorry accidentaly negged you when closing the picture on my phone :frown:

Haha, fair enough. I'm on my phone as well. I recognise these patterns (visual reasoning?) but there is no question to answer :confused:
Reply 7
First one B - 3 4-sided shapes and one circle. Either 2 diamonds and one square or two squares and one diamond.

Second one D - the amount of 4-sided and circle shapes per image doesn't matter (at least one each). Need one, and exactly one diamond per image.

Ah... UKCAT brings back memories
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by another
first one b - 3 4-sided shapes and one circle. Either 2 diamonds and one square or two squares and one diamond.

Second one d - the amount of 4-sided and circle shapes per image doesn't matter (at least one each). Need one, and exactly one diamond per image.

Ah... Ukcat brings back memories

i ****ing got the first one get in
Original post by Ndella
Haha, fair enough. I'm on my phone as well. I recognise these patterns (visual reasoning?) but there is no question to answer :confused:

I just assumed you have to match the possible answers to the pattern or something
Original post by Another
First one B - 3 4-sided shapes and one circle. Either 2 diamonds and one square or two squares and one diamond.

Second one D - the amount of 4-sided and circle shapes per image doesn't matter (at least one each). Need one, and exactly one diamond per image.

Ah... UKCAT brings back memories

Second one: a and b both have 1 diamond shape as well...
Reply 11
Original post by Freier._.lance
Second one: a and b both have 1 diamond shape as well...

A has no circles

B has more than one diamond

Original post by Davelittle
i ****ing got the first one get in

Congratulations, lmao!
(edited 10 years ago)
i got B for first one, 2nd baffled me.
(edited 10 years ago)
BD imo

Usually you can work them out by concentrating on one aspect of the pattern.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Another
A has no circles

B has more than one diamond

Congratulations, lmao!

sorry I meant c. Don't worry, I also thought it was d, but I don't see a concrete reason why.
Reply 15
Second one E?
Original post by Freier._.lance
sorry I meant c. Don't worry, I also thought it was d, but I don't see a concrete reason why.

The patterns evolve fairly simply. Notice the circles grow outwards from the centre, as do the differently orientated squares. D is the only answer that evolves in the correct way, which is particularly notable by the middle circle becoming a big circle.
OK ill give a more coherant answer to the 2nd question and see if people agree.

Here are the rules.

1) Each shape will become one bigger starting from the middle. A tiny circle will become a medium circle, a tiny diamond a medium diamond, a medium square a big square and so on...
2) The filled shape becomes unfilled after it evolves from small to medium
3) A big diamond evolves into a small filled diamond. A big circle AND a big square both evolve into small filled circles.

These are the only rules. If you follow them all the pattern will continue perfectly..

I think anyway :s-smilie:
1-E, 2-D ?

What are the correct answers?
Original post by QuantumOverlord
The patterns evolve fairly simply. Notice the circles grow outwards from the centre, as do the differently orientated squares. D is the only answer that evolves in the correct way, which is particularly notable by the middle circle becoming a big circle.

True, that's why I thought it could only be d. What I didn't understand was why a circle evolved into a square.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending