The Student Room Group

Girl left me a puzzle to solve... HELP me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
WDYSE JCICHSY

Love this kind of puzzle! Probably building on what others have already suggested, but based on your last post, here's my 4d.-worth:

Why Do You Say Everything's Just Cool? I Can't Have Sex Yet
Original post by Anonymous
Haha I'm glad you guys are sharing my frustration.

So firstly, neither my real name nor her real name begins with J! I just gave that as an example.

Secondly, I think a few of the guys on this page are getting really close with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something quite negative. It may be positive though, I wouldn't rule that out.

I may paste some convo info if I get a chance later on, but yes indeed I should give more context:

I have known her for over a year and we've really enjoyed speaking to each other. Lots of daily messaging etc. But for a lot of the period she had known me, she knew I was in a relationship with another girl, (which ended a couple of months ago). Since then we've been speaking pretty normally until I asked her out like a month ago and it was quite a big deal...and she said no. She made it like it wouldn't be a good idea for a couple of reasons which she refused to disclose, and said things like she'd want it to work but it can't... Etc.

I just found that really confusing and would have just liked her to be open and frank, but for some reason she isn't comfortable doing that.

Since then, we've been speaking less. I mean I felt rejected so I naturally pulled back, and it's probably a bit awkward for her.

Then yesterday night we spoke for around an hour and the subject came up briefly, and she sorta just ended her side of it with a "helpless" sad face, as if to say that there's nothing she could do about it. Still confused, I just said alright cool w.e. and said good night. Then she came out with Goddamit "John"...WDY...

Do any of the letters of the acronym include your initials? I think I may be onto something here lol...
ask her to write a longer message in the same cipher
Original post by soundof66
WDYSE JCICHSY

Love this kind of puzzle! Probably building on what others have already suggested, but based on your last post, here's my 4d.-worth:

Why Do You Say Everything's Just Cool? I Can't Have Sex Yet

Was literally thinking the exact same thing for the first 3 and last 5 words. The only part I was iffy about is the SEJC (although 'do' could be changed to 'don't' as well)...
What happened to the good old days of snapchatting each other pictures of your naughty bits?
Reply 45
god dammit john,Why DoYou Smile Everytime Jeremy Clarkson Is Crusing His Speedy Yaris?
god dammit john,Why Does Yoghurt Solve Everything Just Cream Itself Can Help Save You?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Aaah this is impossible, I've been staring at it for ages now!
I reckon WDY has to be "Why do you"

Why do you say everything just cause I can't help seeing you
Why do you say everything jokily cause I can see you
nooo idea

Is there anyone else involved who's name could be in it? Your name doesn't begin with any of those letters? Or her ex's name?
please tell us if you figure it out/she tells you, im dying to know now!
Original post by sugar-n-spice
ask her to write a longer message in the same cipher

There is no cipher, each letter represents a word, with no encryption.
Reply 48
Original post by joey101
god dammit john,Why DoYou Smile Everytime Jeremy Clarkson Is Crusing His Speedy Yaris?
god dammit john,Why Does Yoghurt Solve Everything Just Cream Itself Can Help Save You?

continued...
god dammit john,What Do You Stroke Everything Just Cos I Cant Help Satisfy You?
god dammit john,Why Do You Sometimes Eat Jelly Custard? I Cant Honestly See Y
god dammit john,Why Do You Smear Eggplant Juice Constantly Its Costing Several Yen
god dammit john,Why Do You Snear Everytime Jesus Christ Is Controlling Several Yachts
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
Guys, new info!

E is Earlier
And
J is Jesus

I asked her for them.
So obv "Why didn't you say earlier, Jesus Christ I (CHSY)'
Reply 51
Deciphering these things is kind of fun, but this one is a bit more serious as in, she could be telling you that she likes you, or hates you, and she doesn't want to do it out straight. As if her aim is to make you worried/frustrated/think about her. Although it might seem simple to her because she made it up, it's actually a difficult looking one and even all these minds can't figure it out.

You could humor her buy asking for a clue, but I'd personally ask her whether it was a serious thing, and if she said yes just be like "if you have something important to say then have the balls to at least type it, or even say it instead of stringing me along". Or something to that effect.

My best guess is:
What do you seriously expect? just somethingsomething you.
Reply 52
OK serious now. as others have said.

god dammit john,Why Do You Spoil Everything Just Cos I C_____ H___ S____ You?
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous
Guys, new info!

E is Earlier
And
J is Jesus

I asked her for them.

Why didn't you say earlier? Jesus Christ, I Could Have Said Yes... ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Gemmegg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we have a winner.
Reply 55
Exactly what I was going to say ^ That's it.
why didn't you say earlier, Jesus, cause I can't help. see ya

??? :tongue: idk
Reply 57
Original post by Gemmegg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhhhh snap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooooooohhh...
Original post by Gemmegg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh that's a good call! But doesn't seem to fit with the convo the OP had with her...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending