The Student Room Group

Cass

I have an offer from CASS business school for banking and international finance bsc. Currently having second thoughts on my job opportunities post-cass... Would I be better off taking a year out and re-applying next year? Not simply for this reason I wouldn't mind having a gap year i'm undecided on the matter. Obviously I want to go into banking of some sort or another.

If you think I shouldn't go there give me some suggestions of other places! preferably in London :smile: I'm hoping for AAB in politics economics and history and got a b at maths AS

cheers
The big problem with Cass is that it is struggling to shrug off the stigma of being part of City University, which I’ve heard bad things about. Whilst the facilities at Cass are modern and stylish, to me (not a student only went on a tour) it didn’t seem to have an academic feel to it, and the library provision just looked plain poor.

If you get AAB, and do something stunning in your gap year, try LSE or Warwick. They’re your best bets for banking and financial careers. Although they may want an A level in Maths.
Reply 2
Perhaps take A-Level Maths in your gap year, and try and get an A in it....? That would give you AAAB, which would give you an extremly good chance in Warwick, and perhaps LSE....
have to agree with Singh 87. Though Cass is not that bad. If you do not want to waste a whole year, I might have considerered going there.
Reply 4
Thank you cristal clear :smile: And I have to agree with you to on that CASS isn't too bad either, check my sig. It's only the connection with City University which provides the negative portrayal of CASS, otherwise I would rate it as a very good Business School :smile:
Hey guys,

I have been recently accepted at CASS Business School for MSc Management and I'm deciding between CASS and Regents Business School.

The reviews that all of you gave about CASS Business School, is that for undergraduate or postgraduate or both?
Reply 6
Most of us here are undergraduates!

Cass Business School has an excellent reputation for postgrads, but isn't RBS like one of the top schools worldwide? I don't know much about postgrad options but I thought with that offer it would be an obvious decision..
Well the fact that RBS has small class sizes, international environment, and beautiful campus drew me more than CASS.

But after finding out that RBS is full of rich kids who don't study, I have no other option than CASS :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Yea, I heard that it is for students who have rich parents, and want a degree, but dont really work that much.
^ but I wonder why for MSc Management, CASS is 5000 pounds more expensive than RBS?!

oh well....
Reply 10
Quality of course maybe? I havent really looked at Post graduate degrees, so Im not suited very well to answer your question. However, I can just back up that I, too, have heard the rumour about RBS being for kids with rich parents...
after contacting a few alumnis, the degree is supposed to be really interesting and challenging, but bad organization :frown:

Hopefully, it will be improved in the fall.....
Reply 12
But the alumni were probably also once the children of rich parents....
Singh_87
But the alumni were probably also once the children of rich parents....

lol!

I guess it must be the same case for LSE then because MSc Management has the same tuition fee as CASS ;D
Reply 14
Cass has an excellent reputation for PG (From what I have heard).
Reply 15
Yep, it does. And if Im not mistaken, you usually pay less fees if you're already a student at an undergraduate at the university, I might be mistaken about this, but I think I heard it somewhere.
Reply 16
That's really a good deal. Is this only for Cass (City) uni or all unis?
Reply 17
Again Im not entirely sure, but If I did hear correctly, I heard it from a Cass representative...but perhaps other, if not, all, unis do this?

Latest

Trending

Trending