Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you eat junk food?

Announcements Posted on
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to get more active again (I'm heading back down cheesy chips lane :P) in balance

I'm wondering how often I can have snacks to do this? (Or even, if I have to have snacks?)

And does what you eat affect fitness in any way? Or isit just that you feel tired after having a massive pizza and are unlikely to want to exercise?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't had junk food for 2 weeks now (since starting uni I have had a ridiculously healthy diet). I use to eat it couple of days .
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am a massive McDonald's junkie, I've actually had it every day for the past three days now. Nothing compared to some people I know, but it is still such bad nutrition! I need to get back into the habit of salads, those green balls of delight.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tend stay away from junk food as often as possible as I am trying to remain lean & muscular. I should also add that if you can fit crap into your macros you aren't doing yourself a great deal of harm - I've seen fit, lean and muscular guys eat pizzas and chips, etc. I personally try to have cheat meals only once or twice per week or in instances which I am unable to prepare anything healthier.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you mean fast food; it's next to never. Sweets/chocolates probably very often because I have a sweet tooth. I go the gym basically everyday and my metabolism has spiked so it's all good,
    • 101 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat junk food often at all. By like the previous poster said, I eat sweets (probably a couple of times a week)
    • 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    Few times a week but cutting it down to 1
    • 136 followers

Hardly ever, although I do have a square of dark chocolate everyday.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably about twice a week. Although, to be honest, I never can eat it all. I always end up sharing it with someone else. Tastes much better that way I think.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I probably have a takeaway every two or three weeks. Never go to maccy d's/burger king etc.
    But I do drink far too many sugary drinks, and probably too many sweets.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    hanks for the responses I now eat some form of junk food every day but am trying to cut down. It seems to affect my motivation and concentration levels, makes my mind fuzzy and a bit anxious.

Do you regard whether you eat junk food/chocolate/cakes and sweets as a personal preference or do you feel alienated by society/family/friends and peer when you choose not to have it?

I feel that as much as I enjoy it, I feel obliged to have it too to conform to social norms. How do you all feel?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I eat junk food a fair bit, only becuase I hardly gain fat from eating food and I've gotta keep up the calories for dem gainz. By junk food I mean takeaways, pasties and stuff; I try to avoid snacking and rather get as many solid meals in as I can, which is where stuff like Chinese takeaway comes in handy because you're always hungry again an hour later
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Junk food to me is eating anything that is not junk food to a normal person
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not that often.
    • 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Hardly ever, although I do have a square of dark chocolate everyday.
    Does that keep the cravings away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 136 followers

(Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Does that keep the cravings away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A little! :dontknow: Plus apparently it's good for me, so
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    i heard dark chocolate is used as a subsitute for an espresso cuz of its high caffiene content. That any true?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I probably eat junk every day recently, which is not cool. I have just finished my healthy eating plan, so as of Monday I'm back to my healthy eating.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like sweets and that's not good for me as well as junk food.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2013
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.