The Student Room Group

Is it my fault he's not talking to me?

So me and "the boy" are in a long-distance relationship. I called him today and he seemed really happy to hear from me. We caught up as normal and then it occurred to me to ask him about this girl who started phoning him constantly whilst me and the boy were temporarily separated a few months ago. He's always maintained that he was never really interested in her but she kept on and on calling him and since me and him weren't together at the time, he did start talking to her. Now that we're back together, she still calls him every day and he says that he does still speak to her but it's just a bit of harmless fun, nothing serious.

That hurt me a little but I brushed it aside. We carried on talking and then he later admitted that whilst I was talking to him he'd been looking at pictures of models on his phone. He said that he'd been watching a tv show and the pictures came up as spam/advert banner things on the side of what he was actually watching. I told him he could either look at pictures of women onor talk to me, not both at the same time. Then he asked me to hold the phone and I heard him sniggering in the background with one of his friends about how one of the girls in the pictures was completely naked.
He came back saying that he'd "obeyed" me and wasn't looking at the pictures any more and was just going to talk to me. At this point I was completely upset and angry and in no mood to talk. I just told him I'd found his behaviour really rude and at first he was laughing but after a while he realised I was being serious. He said "sorry" but he also said I was making a big deal out of nothing. Was I? Was he just being a lad? Is that what lads do?

I told him I had to go, he asked me not to and said he could tell I was angry. I was just in no mood to talk really. I said "let's leave it for now, I'll speak to you in a day or two."

As soon as I ended the call I started regretting it because since we have a long distance relationship with time differences sometimes we have to go for quite a few days without being able to talk properly and I didn't want to suffer this constant tension until the moment of reconciliation. I thought: "You know what, who knows when we'll talk next, let's not leave things on such a bad note" and so I called him again. By that time he had switched off his phone and it's been switches off since. He's probably upset and angry too and thinks I was being irrational.

Was I? I think I was a bit upset about the issue with the other girl as well, so my reaction was probably doubled because of that. Have I just made a massive deal out of nothing in particular? I don't know when me and him will speak again.

Please help, I'm borderline crying :-((
Reply 1
Anybody?
Reply 2
I also forgot to mention that before he switched off his phone, he first rejected my call :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending