The Student Room Group

H&M Faulty Product

Now I'm not sure if any of you could help, but hopefully someone has had some experience of a similar situation.

Yesterday I bought a nice hoodie, £15, and didn't think to inspect it for fault (I'd bought a few others too and already knew what size I needed). However, when I went home to put it on, there was a massive rip in the material, which I was pretty annoyed about.:angry:

On their website, it says "Faulty products can be returned for a full refund" but is this really the case? I don't want to have wasted my money.

Thanks!
Calzonik:smile:
Reply 1
Yes it is really the case, they have to offer a return or refund for a damaged product. It may be worth calling them first to check if they will do this, because some companies do not ask you to send damaged item back to them, they just send you a new one. They just might ask for you to email an image of the damaged item.

If this is more help (I think my facts are right, I had a dispute with a store and I brought this up, but you can find more information online). The sale of goods act (1979) says that the item has to be as described, of satisfactory quality, and is fit for purpose. Under the act, if they request that you return the item it has to be at their expense, it also says that you have up to six years from the purchase date to return the item. The store policy isn't above this act, it can just be seen as to offer additional rights and cannot contradict the act. that's why on the returns policy/ on the back of a receipt it states ‘this does not affect your statutory rights’.

Sorry for rambling on, but hope it helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Yes, even if you'd worn it once and the fabric ripped they'd accept a refund, I do these at work all the time, it's no big deal. Just make sure you have the receipt and the card you used to pay for it :smile:
Reply 3
I returned a bag to H&M that broke a few weeks after I purchased it but didn't have the receipt anymore so they gave me a store credit card for the value of the bag. If you have the receipt then you should be able to get a cash refund :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest