The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
has anyone got any case studies concerning management strategies used before primary and secondary tectonic hazards
Reply 121
What strategies can be used to manage hazards during and after? I have so many points for before, but struggling with these two.
Reply 122
Original post by simibean
What strategies can be used to manage hazards during and after? I have so many points for before, but struggling with these two.

After can refer to relief, search and rescue etc. also rebuilding is sort of after and links into before when thinking about building design
What sections are people doing?
Anyone doing health and pollution??
Hey do people doing tectonics have any predictions for this years exam question?
What did people put for the during case studies for tectonics?
Reply 127
Original post by AKell17
After can refer to relief, search and rescue etc. also rebuilding is sort of after and links into before when thinking about building design

have you any specific case studies for before ?
Reply 128
Original post by LJB4
have you any specific case studies for before ?

For before... Sea walls for Japanese tsunami, mangrove forests in the Asian tsunami
Reply 129
Original post by AKell17
For before... Sea walls for Japanese tsunami, mangrove forests in the Asian tsunami

cheers mate, have you any for secondary?
Does anyone know how long does the methodology need to be? Doing tectonics
Is there a specific thread for people doing Tectonic Hazards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Just wondering what case studies everyones using and the reasons behind chosing them?
Reply 133
Would it be weird to have wikipedia in your methodology? Because I have used like UN websites, guardian, textbooks, but for some stuff I also used wikipedia. Maybe I could say that it had been crossed referenced to other reliable sources?
Reply 134
Original post by lala121
Would it be weird to have wikipedia in your methodology? Because I have used like UN websites, guardian, textbooks, but for some stuff I also used wikipedia. Maybe I could say that it had been crossed referenced to other reliable sources?

You could mention how Wikipedia is possibly unreliable, and therefore required cross-referencing :smile:
Bit of evaluation, whack some marks in
Reply 135
Original post by AKell17
You could mention how Wikipedia is possibly unreliable, and therefore required cross-referencing :smile:
Bit of evaluation, whack some marks in

Nice! Good idea. I've not got any wikipedia, or at least try not to.

Anyway, do you know where I could find some good Volcano Prediction or Volcano Management? :P
Reply 136
Original post by Lee17
Nice! Good idea. I've not got any wikipedia, or at least try not to.

Anyway, do you know where I could find some good Volcano Prediction or Volcano Management? :P

Pinatubo :smile: USGS site and I think Geography Review did a volcano prediction piece as well
Reply 137
Original post by AKell17
Pinatubo :smile: USGS site and I think Geography Review did a volcano prediction piece as well

Ah cool. Will take alook at that!

Would you say that, for my earthquake prediction part I name dropped small cases tudies like bla bla bla "These were used in conjunction with each other in *insert location* which allowed for the evacuation for the population a day before the earthquake struck etc."

Then for the management I did mainly focus on Japan because thats a create location with everything :P

I will try and do that same for the prediction of volcanos name drop locations but I am also going to focus on bigger case studies like what you suggested, Mt Pinatubo. :smile:
Hey I was wondering if anybody had thought of any potential questions tectonic activity? Also is there a dedicated thread for the tectonic activity option?
What should the methodology look like?
How many case studies to use in the analysis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending